Where do you have Playtime?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where do you have Playtime?

• In the chin room/where the cages are

Votes: 96 45.1%
  • In the bathroom

Votes: 60 28.2%
  • In a playroom/hallway/separate room

Votes: 51 23.9%
  • I don't have playtime

Votes: 6 2.8%

• Total voters
I am using the bathroom, but am getting a 'playpen' with a bottom and a lid, just a small area, 3' x 3', where they can hang out with me while I play on my computer :) after their playtime is over and before bed.

My chinnie plays in the hallway where he can hop up and down the stairs. In the summer he plays in the livingroom because the hall can get too hot for him.

Neve plays right in our livingroom. There is nothing she can get in trouble with, an the little 8 week old girl surprises me. She will hop on our couches, hop out on our back rest, and then hops on our lamps!

It's an absolute jungle gym for her to stretch her legs.

We have a huge laundry room that we use for our chin to play in.

We have play time in the back hallway. Luna bounces off the walls and runs laps - she LOVES it. The other chinnies like it too, but they are not as enthusiastic about playtime as Luna! Luna also spends most of playtime talking/calling her friends - I think I read it was also considered a "happy" sound on that chinnie sound site!

I plan to let them roam the front hallway eventually, its wider and not as narrow as the back hallway, and would give them a lot more space. :neener:

i dismantle an old cage of mine for their playpen! They love running around my room too!

Phoenix get to run around our master bathroom and I read or play on the computer. I wish I could let her run around the bedroom but there are too many hiding places and I don't feel like trying to get her right before bed. It would take all night :nod:

so even though I'm getting a marshall 11panel they'll still get thru? *have to teach them like the 2 legged kids*"noone touches daddy's electronics.:hair:

My dad does handy man jobs on the side so he built me wooden walls that i set up and make a pen around the cage for play time. Beaker is a very good escape artist but this seemed to fix the problem. I couldn't bring her in my bathroom because there's a lot of stained wood in there I didn't want her chewing on.

Right now Edgar's out time is the bathroom but as soon as my brother moves out we are moving him to the living room. When that happens dust baths will still be in the bathroom but Edgar will have out time in the living room too.

I let my chinchilla Dixie out in my room because that's where her cage is. I don't let her babies out yet because I don't want them to get lost. I accidently left the cage door unlocked one day while I was at school and both of the babies got out and I found them in another room about an hour or two after I got home from school. Dixie didn't get out. She was in her cage when I got home and just running on her wheel like she wasn't even aware that the cage door was wide open lol.

Mine love to play outside in the grass, my dad helped me build a special "tower" with a roof to keep out birds and other animals. The sides are covered with wire mesh. It stands about 4 1/2 feet tall and has lots of places to jump. They also love to be in my basement which had a ledge that goes all the way around the room, but their favorite place is ontop of my freezer, they can jump there from the ledge. Its a pain to get them back down though.

Mine love to play outside in the grass, my dad helped me build a special "tower" with a roof to keep out birds and other animals. The sides are covered with wire mesh. It stands about 4 1/2 feet tall and has lots of places to jump. They also love to be in my basement which had a ledge that goes all the way around the room, but their favorite place is ontop of my freezer, they can jump there from the ledge. Its a pain to get them back down though.

Lilan,

Your chins don't have any business outside. They also don't need to be on a freezer where a long fall down could be fatal.

Frankly, your answers to people on Yahoo are VERY off base...and if you are going to share information (and breed), I think some more research should be done on your part. http://answers.yahoo.com/my/qa/inde...6IX;_ylv=3?show=7BGucKPsaa&link=answer&more=y

For example, on this question http://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...2194805AAAgzyd&show=7#profile-info-2YkaXslDaa.

Mouthwash? You don't spray any animal's cage down with mouthwash.

On this one you say peanuts are ok: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...0093522AATGwIm&show=7#profile-info-IcMmSHvxaa

On this one you say popcorn is ok:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...9184437AA0hZ9E&show=7#profile-info-IcMmSHvxaa

Chinchillas should not be outside...even in a cage, they are domesticated and acclimated to living indoors where their temperature can be controlled.

My chins don't get playtime, so I can't comment on the poll. ;)

My cages are in my room, so I usually have them in the bathroom, or caged off by a playpen in a hallway or up against the wall in the garage. I can't vote because I have playtime in lots of those locations :D

Latest posts

Back