Where are you going this summer?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VolunteerChin22

I <3 dustbunnies
Since I just booked our trip to Antigua (!), I thought I might see where all CNH peeps will be relaxing this summer...

Where will you be vacationing???

Has anyone been to Antigua before?? I'm so excited!!:dance3:

Maybe to Qubec city for a week-end with my parents. I would have like more New York (since I've been to QC 3 times), but my dad is having some field day there with his (former) work and my mom wants company!

Right here where my butt is sitting right now. :) I'll be excited when I get to go visit Tawana and Laurie up in Wisconsin at some point this summer for a weekend.

Next summer though, look out! We're aiming for Greece!

We are going on a "stay-cation" meaning we are staying home!! My son thinks its hilarious. We live in central Jersey, so I can be to the beach, Philly, NYC, or the country in about 40 minutes. I might do an overnight in Hershey Park, PA, which is less than 2 hours or Great Wolf Lodge in the Poconos, PA, which is the same distance.
Last year we went to Bush Gardens, VA with my son & 2 step sons and that was a LONG trip!!

Right here where my butt is sitting right now. :) I'll be excited when I get to go visit Tawana and Laurie up in Wisconsin at some point this summer for a weekend.

Next summer though, look out! We're aiming for Greece!

Hey! Are you all coming to Appleton?? Let me know and I'll join you all too.

Not much here for the summer. My sister is coming home from Italy for 3 weeks and we'll go to Wisconsin Dells (lots of waterparks!) and maybe Six Flags.

Otherwise I'm just trying to save my money, so no huge trips for me!

I'll probably head to Carolina Beach for a few days like I usually do, nothing too special about that. Planning to head to Ohio for a weekend at the Shoots ranch in late August, if I have enough money saved up.

Speaking of ranch road trips, I forgot to mention we are headed to Ryerson's on the 29th of this month and I am sooooo excited to pick up a few fuzzies!

We went to Williamsburg last year and went to Busch Gardens - had a blast. I would love to hear all about Greece if you go!!!

In the summer time I usually stay home because I'm scared of a power outage when it's hot. We usually go on outings in the winter and spring time.

My husband and his father take a trip to Canada to fish every summer and have done so for the past 12 years or so. This summer, they are taking my mother-in-law and me as well. Good news: I'm guaranteed a vacation out of the country every year! Bad news: Where they go is usually freezing-butt cold... oh well!!!

P.S. As a teacher, I get the whole summer off, so I might do side trips as well, depending on how quickly we can get into our NEW HOUSE!!!! :)

Well, while my family vacations out on our lakehouse, I will be stuck in the city (just like last summer) watching the house and the pets. Yippee for me! Plus I have school all summer. Fun times.

My sister is coming home from Italy for 3 weeks and we'll go to Wisconsin Dells (lots of waterparks!) and maybe Six Flags.

We are also doing a trip to the dells this summer and six flags, and we're headed to Milwaukee for a Summerfest weekend! Staying close to home, we usually do Mexico but not this summer.

Vacation? Whats that?

Ill be staying here for the summer.. working.. but Ill love vicariously through the rest of you! Remember to post pictures of all your trips!

I'm not going anywhere, either. No $$. :cry3: But if I'm lucky and I behave and they'll allow me, maybe I can meet up with Peggy and Tawana and Laurie.

Hey! Are you all coming to Appleton?? Let me know and I'll join you all too.

And if they won't maybe Allie and I can meet with out them. :tease:

Sure, you girls are always welcome, you know that. Allison - Tell Deb to get off her butt and plan to be there too. No excuses either. Plan to eat. We are going out for a nice dinner, possibly a movie, and the Fondu Pot for desert. Bring on the chocolate baby!

Last year we traveled to Yellowstone, and surrounding areas for 2 weeks and had a blast! This year we are busy clearing property and building a covered patio, but we will make time for some local camping spots, and may head down to California. I really want to see the Grand Canyon and would love to include that when we head south. Our plans next summer are to go up to Alaska.

I'm not going anywere this summer no money :banghead:

(More time to spend getting to know my new hedgie tho ;) !!!)

After seeing Allie's pics, we've been talking about a road trip to South Dakota to the Badlands, Mt. Rushmore, maybe make a few stops along the way like at the aquarium in Chattanooga, TN, the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY, the Arch in St. Louis, Missouri.

The only problem is that we'd have to make the trip in July. Our house sitter has the entire month of July off work, which is good, but it's SO hot in July!

I already went on my vacations this year (Australia/New Zealand and also a week visiting family in Utah).

I do have a few small trip planned though. I'll be making a day trip to Omak to see Sheri and pick up sheep in July/August. I'll be going to Ronda's in Hermiston in September for a show. I'd like to make a 3-4 day camping trip to the coast, but we'll see.

Oooh - Ann. Badlands in July. Toasty, toasty. Rushmore is wonderful in the summer, but the Badlands not so great. Although, seriously, so far we've hit 90 twice. The rest of the time we've been anywhere from low 50s to low 70s. I wish it would stay like this all summer!

I drove downtown to see the arch in St. Louis. Um........it ain't all that. Save your gas and your mind, bypass it and go somewhere else.

If hubby is into cars, don't miss http://pioneerautoshow.com/. YOUR mind will go numb, but a car nut? To them it's a little slice of heaven.

Oh, oh, I forgot! Although I'm not leaving the city, I do have 4th row Coldplay tickets for June 18th and 1st row Blink 182 tickets for July 31st! Hopefully that will brighten up my dull, school-filled summer!!

Back