What Does Your Screen Name Mean??? How/Why Did You Choose It???

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My username...

In the beginning 8th grade, a friend smashed my finger in a door at school and it hurt so bad. I told the teacher she made me get a BooBoo. He thought it was so funny so my friend and the teacher started calling my BooBoo.

In the end of 8th grade, I meet this guy on an online for a tv show I absolute love. He was also a fan and we started talking and became good friends. I left the forum, as did he, we emailed back and forth and talked on msn every chance we got until I get msn. He is older than I am so he always called me his kiddo. He helped me come up with an email address for hotmail and it was BooBoo_TheKiddo because BooBoo (what I usually went by) was taken.

So now I always use BooBooTheKiddo with an underscore or * or something

Mine used to be LAN63 which is my initials and the year I was born. Then I had a keyboard crap out on me on the laptop and I panicked as I couldn't use the b,n or spacebar! I had Peggy change it for me as being on the forum is most important to me lol! So Laurie is me!

My given name is Michelle but I go by Mish for short. I've had people call me all sorts of plays on that name, mishalaa (rhymes loosely with Wichita) is one of them. Generally, especially with two a's at the end, it's not already taken as a screen name when I sign up for something, so I use it.

When I first joined this forum, I was 3chinsowner. A lot of things had changed so now I am plain old Sandi.

Not just old Laura - she's also plain.

The first step is admitting it ON.

It was a toss up. My rifle's name or the number of chins I "had". So it was 6Dusters. Didn't want to scare people with the rifle. Grins big.

Mine is simple...my initials...ARF and b-day minus the month (21st, 1984). My sister made me a yahoo email way back in...1999? and that's what she used...it stuck and I use it for most things.

Mine is not very exciting or tricky. Tunes was my GS doggie.

I was on my way to work one day and saw this dog laying by the side of the road. When I tried to approach her directly, she tried to eat me. So I got a leash out of my car and walked backwards towards her, so she would think I wasn't walking to her. She had both front legs broken and her nose. We went through some vet bills, Tunes and I, but she was healed as much as possible and I had her with me for about 8 years.

Her name came from Saturday Night Live, from "Tuneses the Driving Cat." My girl was originally Bounce, but any time you would open the driver's side, she would leap in the seat and put her paws on the wheel. She got the nickname of Tunes and it stuck.

I miss her bunches.

For years my mother referred to my group of dogs (up to 4 at a time) as my menagerie and would ask "How is the menagerie?" When I got rats and joined a forum I had to come up with a username, menagerie just seemed to fit.

My on-line nickname has a much longer story. :dance3:

I was nlparker back on CnQ and Peggy started calling me "Parka" in chat and it just sorta stuck. At first I didn't like it because it made me think of giant puffy coats.. but it grew on me. So when CnQ died I just registered the nickname on CnH instead.

I'm Stackie because Peggy isn't very good at typing and added a K in my name, Stacie. :D From the first time she accidentally typed Stackie, it just stuck. All of the chinfolk usually call me Stackie or Stack, even in person...my boyfriend even calls me Stack now after attending a chin show and hearing everyone else call me Stack. :p

Back