WA State ECBC 2013 Fall Field Day

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Donation

That's great to hear, Doug! Sounds like lots of people are coming so it should be a great, educational show. Hope you all have been dusting those chinnies! Just over a week until show time!

My Chinnies are loving me right now because of all the dust baths. =P

I finished the bracelet I am donating for the raffle, I should have time this week to make a twin bracelet that is child size to make a great gift set for your fav mother/daughter pair! I also am changing the clasp out as the lobster one pictured is too difficult..

Bracelet: Clusters of aqua and light blue acrylic and glass beads made with silver toned metal chain and hand wrapped beads. It includes silver plated mini bells so that it makes a pleasing jangle sound. =)

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

Attachments

• IMG_20130930_035126_032.jpg
    IMG_20130930_035126_032.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20130930_035115_136.jpg
    IMG_20130930_035115_136.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20130930_034818_877.jpg
    IMG_20130930_034818_877.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 10
I just thought of something, if any breeders attending have use breeding cages for sale I'm thinking of replacing my current baby safe cage (either that or revamping it). It would have to be either colony or 3 hole-ish run with collars. It would have to either be collapsable or able to fit in the back seat of a normal 4 Door car. If you make cages I would not mind a quote for a new one either.

Hey Ryan do we give 10% of the price for supplies bought at the show or is that only animals? =o)

Last edited:
Catching up on this thread, I can see that I will have to buy lots of raffle tickets, if I come down. =o)

Is anyone interested in buying either of these cute little brothers at the show? Mom (standard) is from Ridge Chinchillas and Dad (beige) is from Craner (Cramer?). I will probably bring both parents to be shown, though none of my chinnies are terrifically prime right now. All did some shedding over the warm summer and are about to start growing in some extra winter fluff.

Attachments

• DSC_0218resize.jpg
    DSC_0218resize.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 10
I love a cute beige (I don't have room for any more male pets tho!) are you going to bring the kits for the derby or are they too young? =)

We hope you can make it Kristine! We are having a silent auction as well if you would like to try and sell them that way at the show. As Zoaea suggested, you can also enter them in the Baby Derby! See you at the show! :)

Ok, this is definitely not chinchilla related but I just got a call from one of my buddies at Seattle Chocolate and I promised him that I would swing by tomorrow to "restock".
So I may swing by and buy some tomorrow and pick up a couple of pounds to donate for the raffle.

Well, there are chocolate chinchillas :) so not all that unrelated. But who doesn't love chocolate? There are going to be some great items in the raffle!

oh my goodness! we leave in six hours.... I feel like I'm forgetting something! I'm so excited!

I wont be attending the show as I currently have nothing to show. But want to wish everyone good luck. Sounds like you will have a good turn out

I wont be attending the show as I currently have nothing to show. But want to wish everyone good luck. Sounds like you will have a good turn out

Oh Claire, I am sad that you aren't coming, I have nothing to show but will be there. Please at least come to see my babies at my house, they are all so stinking cute!

Well, there are chocolate chinchillas :) so not all that unrelated. But who doesn't love chocolate? There are going to be some great items in the raffle!

Chocolate has been purchased and will be included in with a pound of wood from Chinnychews. A mix of French Toast, Orange, White Mint and Candy Cane chocolates from Seattle Chocolates.

Wow todays show was awesome, with so many breeders and chinny owners! I was up for more that 24 hours before the show even started but it was worthe every sleep deprived moment. =D

Did I mention I made out like a bandit on the raffles winning the beige girl donated by JoAnne and even bought a female 1st placer from Casey!

My three chins did well too: White male (Pebble) bred by Craner got a first, my BV (Trinity) girl bred by Sara Loup out of Kane lines got a 1st and their standard baby (Czarina) My first and olny chin got a second with the comments that she could use a little size and lacking veiling.

Cant wait to breed my new girls and see every one at the next show. =)

Jessica Olson

Edit: Picture of my loots!

Attachments

• IMG_20131005_194314_880.jpg
    IMG_20131005_194314_880.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Back