WA State ECBC 2013 Fall Field Day

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the show was awesome! Good Job Ryan and everyone that helped. I am headed home with more chins than I expected.... but that is never a bad thing!

Congrats to the newly reactivated WA ECBC branch on their first very successful show! They had an awesome turnout with attendees and breeders from CO, WA, OR, ID, CA, and Canada, with 72 standards and if memory serves me right, I think it was 55 mutations. I flew up and got in after midnight and only had a few hours sleep before coming down for grooming but I had so much fun, I didn't even feel that tired! Ha ha.

I was amazed at how many awesome raffle prizes were donated for the show - there were so many generous donations. There was jewelry, huge gift baskets, chinchilla fur roses and accessories, chocolates, coffee, chinchilla toys, wood, a flying saucer exercise wheel and all sorts of unique gifts to win!

It was so nice to see my chinnie friends and also to meet so many new people as well. Some of the Canadians, I've spoken with online but never had a chance to meet so it was nice to finally meet them as well! Serena, Kristine, and Shane, thanks for coming down! Roger Clark from CO judged the show and did a great job. It was good to see him again too!

I left points and placings with Ryan so I'll let him post those but I will post the pictures I took from my phone.

I am excited for the WA Branch and if this start is any indication, I think this branch is goung to flourish! Huge pat on the back for Show chair, Ryan, and to the Craners, Doug Griffith of Dark Star and Linda Clark for the planning of a great show! I am so excited with all the activity in region 1 - you guys are making me proud!

Last edited:
WOO HOO!!!

Congratulations to Ryan Chinn and the newly reactivated Washington branch of Empress for a well run, wonderful and educational show this weekend in Seattle!!!

Sumiko de La Vega showed and ran the points table with Ryan.

All 3 Craners were there and gave a great program on how to rank your herd based on the important characteristics on which chins are judged and Roger Clark from CO was the judge.

This was my first trip to the PNW, a beautiful area of the country. I saw some old friends and met some new ones from the US and Canada.

New ones from US Included Cam, a friend of Ryan's who helped setup and run the show, Amanda, Caroline Olver Fawcett and her daughter, Narcissus and her friends, Jessica Olson, Tamara, Doug from Dark Star and a few more my anesthesia brain forbids me to remember!!!

From Canada, Serena and her family and Shane, who acted as the animal handler.

Door prizes were awesome!!! Fleece items, including a Chinnie Buddy from Annie, chin fur items from Sue Kiseskey and Sumiko, great gift baskets, chinchilla chew toys donated by Therese, including one with a chinchilla shaped wood chew, which I was lucky enough to win, a Flying Saucer donated by the inventor, Amanda's or Tamara's (not sure -- my AB blocks my recollection. Please forgive me if I'm wrong!!) husband, woods and chocolates and my favorite, a long grey scarf knitted by Amanda with acrylic and fur from a "28 and 3/4 year old chinchilla named Arthur", which I was soooo lucky to have won!!!

Today, Ryan and Cam were kind enough to take me to on a quick trip to see the highlights of "The Emerald City" and some of the famous sights I've always wanted to see -- the Space Needle, the Starbucks Mothership (the line was short enough that we actually had enough time that we could get drinks there!!!), the Pike Place Market (I was soooo disappointed that I couldn't get to catch a fish as shown on The Real World Seattle all those years ago!!!). We also drove by Amazon.com's World headquarters.

The weather was perfect -- I got to see Mt. Rainier both Friday and today!!!

I took pictures and Ryan did, too, so I'll post them after he sends them to me and I figure out how to post more than one at a time ;)

The only places I didn't get to actually go to were the Nordstrom's Mothership (we drove by it) and Neiman Marcus' store in Bellvue, but hey -- they're guys, right??? I didn't expect them to take me shopping!!!

Fantastic weekend!!! I can't wait until next year's show!!!

Sent from my iPhone

Raffle prize tables!

DSC_1581_zps31f24422.jpg

DSC_1582_zps032cf40a.jpg

Standard Show

DSC_1587_zps60a1ef3a.jpg

DSC_1589_zpsea0f0c9f.jpg

DSC_1590_zps78aaf84f.jpg

My class 4 Champion standard
DSC_1607_zpsdb1743fb.jpg

My class 1 Reserve class champion standard
DSC_1609_zps56ef556a.jpg

Mutation Show

Whites
DSC_1610_zps7a226b73.jpg

Whites again (with my 5 month Lowe RW male in the second cage)
DSC_1611_zpsb4bfd73b.jpg

Beige

DSC_1612_zpsc1727ef5.jpg

Beige CC and RCC

DSC_1613_zpsf1ac6223.jpg

Hetero ebs

DSC_1614_zps4f2260fb.jpg

1st place blacks

DSC_1615_zpsbceef177.jpg

Choosing Grand show Mutation

DSC_1617_zps49395ce4.jpg

And that's the last picture I got! I'm sure others took more since I was preoccupied at the pts. table.

Show results

Hi Everyone,

I want to start by thanking everyone who attended and supported this field day and the reactivation of the Washington State Branch of ECBC. With all of your help, we had a successful first show. I want to specifically thank: Roger Clark for flying out from Colorado to judge our field day. Doug Griffith for transporting show cages and the show setup from Oregon. The Craner family for bringing their beautiful animals and cages from Idaho/Utah, which we ended up needing when we ran out of cages!). Sumiko for helping me with the points and ribbons table, and flying out from California. Shane for animal handling. Narcissus, Patch and family for transporting cages and helping tremendously with both setup and breakdown. Meadowbrook Chinchillas for donations of the gift baskets and Flying Saucer Wheel. Linda for raffle items and the helpers (Riley, Willow and Anastasia) that manned the Welcome table and helped with baby derby. Caroline for donations of her popular wood. Canadian breeders Serena, Kristine and Shane for driving down from Canada and dealing with border crossing. Jessica for winning so many raffles. Victoria for supporting the show. Lynn for flying out from Colorado and supporting the show....I am glad you won the items you wanted! And of course thanks to everyone I may have forgotten who helped with setup, bringing raffles, or in other ways supporting the show...and thankfully everyone stayed to help clean up!

And now for the results!

Standard Show

Class 1
CC Casey Craner
RCC Sumiko DelaVega (Chinchilla Chateau)

Class 2
CC Doug Griffith (Dark Star)
RCC Doug Griffith (Dark Star)

Class 3
CC Jerry Craner
RCC Doug Griffith (Dark Star)

Class 4
CC Sumiko DelaVega (Chinchilla Chateau)
RCC Casey Craner

Class 5
CC Casey Craner
RCC Casey Craner

Grand Show Champion Standard: Casey Craner
Reserve Grand Show Champion Standard: Jerry Craner

Mutation Show

Whites
CC Casey Craner (pink white)
RCC Casey Craner (pink white)

(No sapphire or violet champs)

Beige
CC Ryan Chinn (Chinn's Chilla Ranch)
RCC Jerry Craner

Ebony
CC Shane Madden (Madnes Chinchillas) (hetero ebony)
RCC Jerry Craner (hetero ebony)

Black Velvet
CC Ryan Chinn (Chinn's Chilla Ranch)
RCC Ryan Chinn (Chinn's Chilla Ranch)

Grand Show Champion Mutation: Ryan Chinn (Chinn's Chilla Ranch)
Reserve Grand Show Champion Mutation: Ryan Chinn (Chinn's Chilla Ranch)

Congrats to all the winners. Great job everyone for the 1st show. I might have to come out next year, if CA doesn't have a fall show.

Here are the breeder awards!

Breeder Award
1st: Casey Craner
2nd: Jerry Craner
3rd: Dark Star

Junior Breeder Award
1st: Ryan Chinn
2nd: Narcissus Kimball
3rd: Jessica Olson

I guess that means every chinchilla should be evaluated and not discounted because they are not from a "big breeder".

Last edited:
I've finally caught up on things since the show and have had time now to post a few photos!

Audience

Sumiko and I at the points/ribbons table, probably laughing about how none of us know how to groom :)

Sumiko's Class Champ standard showing off his white belly.

Craners: Casey taking GSC standard and Jerry taking RGSC

Mutations!

Craner ebony staring me down

My Black Velvets, not appreciating the ride

Choosing RGSC. Roger pulled up the Reserve to the black velvet CC and decided to pick two black velvets for champs!

The winners from the show! (and a certain National Director doing her best to hold up the right side of the banner :)

Congrats to the winners and again thank you to everyone who helped make this show a success!

Back