Update on Lisa

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurie

I heart Leonard
Many of you know Lisa had surgery last friday to implant the pain management unit she had been carrying around with her. This is a procedure normally done on healthy individuals who suffer from severe pain, usually back. The surgery went well, however, she was in a great deal of pain. A bit ironic wouldn't you say. Anyway a week later she is pain free and is acutally doing rather well. She had a doctor's appointment on Thursday and it has been decided to stop her steriod medication as her oncologist thinks that is what could be causing her weakened state these days. She had been receiving fluids 2 to 3 times per week but they are also stopping fluids and only doing them on demand. She suffers from severe edema now in her feet and it's quite painful for her walk when they swell.
Earlier this week her 17 year old son, Eric, moved in with his father, Lisa's ex-husband. We had thought Eric would live with Nel and Chris as earlier Eric mentioned not wanting to live with his dad. Lisa was very stressed about this then decided to let it go as Tim is Eric's father and Eric, at 17, is old enough to decide where he wants to go.
But at least now she doesn't have to worry about him getting up and to summer school on time. Also she doesn't have to worry about both her sons constantly coming to her for money even though they both have jobs.
In 6 weeks she will go back to the doctor and discuss further chemotherapy treatment. There are 2 drugs she can try in this stage of advancement.
Never a highly religious person she is finding time to pray and ask questions about her morality. She feels hypocritical finding God now so near the end of her life. One thing I've told her, which I also firmly believe, is: Just because God is lost to you does not mean you are lost to him. I have told her reaching out to God is like going to school. You are never to old to go back to school, just like you are never to late to find God.
We will be spending the 4th of July together as a family, something we haven't done since Easter!
Lisa continues to fight her cancer and despite how weak she sometimes appears, she has a great strength inside of her.

Laurie, I'm glad they were able to get some of her pain under control.
I continue to say prayers for her!

I am glad Lisa's pain is mostly controlled, too. As for Eric, I don't know in what ways Lisa's ex-husband is a jerk but I know my kids now see their own father for the selfish, inconsiderate jerk that he is. Maybe Eric will eventually see the true colors of his father while living with him. I wish Lisa the best any of us could possibly hope for her. As for finding God when the chips are absolutely down, I think He's used to that. :eek:

I'm really glad to hear that Lisa's pain is under control. I'm also happy that Eric is moving out, because it sounds like him being with Lisa caused unnecessary stress.

I hope you and your family have a fun and safe July 4th weekend together!

which I also firmly believe, is: Just because God is lost to you does not mean you are lost to him. I have told her reaching out to God is like going to school. You are never to old to go back to school, just like you are never to late to find God.

Amen, Laurie!

I'm glad her pain is under control I can't imagine trying to live life while being in pain 24/7 what amazing strength Lisa has.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend with Lisa and your family Laurie, you guys deserve it. :))

Laurie, I'm so happy that your sister is out of pain and hopefully this continues for her. I hope you and your family have a wonderful and memorable fourth together.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday with your sister. Make good memories. As for her renewed relationship with God- He is her Father, so of course she should go to Him for comfort. Its perfectly natural.

thank you for the update Laurie. I'm glad the pain management is working for Lisa to some degree. Hope you guys had a good time together over the holiday weekend. Hugs to you all!

As I am coming to this thread late, I hope you had a wonderful time over the holiday. As for finding God late, its never too late to find His strength. He is always with us. Its just up to us to chose to believe He is there. Lisa is one of the most strongest people I know of. No matter what, she chooses to never give up and hope for a miracle. In the end all we really have is hope. She reminds me of Farrah never giving up in the face of adversity. I hope I can be this strong in everything I do.

Please know you and Lisa are in our prayers. I am glad to hear her pain relief is better now after the surgery. Glad to hear she has to worry less about the boys now too. I'm sorry you guys are going though this. Travis's dad felt the same way about God and feeling hyprocritcal "finding" him again at that stage in his life. You put it perfectly though. Sorry I haven't been around much, but I do think of you guys often and wonder how you are doing. Ever need to chat, just shoot me a PM. Even if I don't get here, it sends an alert to my email, so I will get it and respond.

Back