The Ferret Nation Club

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
u can do both ways lay on top of the shelves or like a pillow case i like the pillow case style so he cant chew on the plastic shelves

I still have a ton to do but at least (most of) the fleece stuff is done. In there is also a wooden house (under the bottom shelf), a wooden hay holder and that piece of wood on the top level is the start of a poo guard.
1zprw5z.jpg

My dog likes the cage too, lol.
2dgw1oz.jpg

I just became a member of the ferret nation club yesterday, and oh my gosh the photos do not do justice to how big they really are!! It's like a massive chin mansion. I'm not completely done with mine yet because I'm still waiting for the fleece hammock set, but this is what I have so far.

Attachments

• DSC00090.jpg
    DSC00090.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC00091.jpg
    DSC00091.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC00092.jpg
    DSC00092.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 86
I'm a newer chin mom and have only had my little guy for a little over a month now. My little Riki loves his FN 142 That I'm slowly adding more shelves and items to.

Here are some pictures of what I've done so far. I just added the wood shelving that I made over the weekend as a 1st birthday present. I made all of the fleece items myself as well.
I’m planning on get him a chin spin or flying saucer for Christmas.

The last picture of is of Riki after he exhausted himself after exploring and playing on his new shelves.

Attachments

• 20130922_091525.jpg
    20130922_091525.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 115
  • 20130922_091558.jpg
    20130922_091558.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 20130922_093009.jpg
    20130922_093009.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 116
  • 20130922_093046.jpg
    20130922_093046.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 20130918_205913.jpg
    20130918_205913.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 66
DON'T PAY 399! Goodness no, you are not being unreasonable! That is a complete rip off. I ordered mine from Ferret.com and the total after tax and shipping was 189. I was a bit wary of the shipping as well, but I got the cage 2 days after I ordered it. There were a few scuffs here and there, but overall the cage was in good shape.

It is also sometimes possible to find used ones at awesome prices on craigslist or the local newspaper. But by no means should you pay 400 dollars. No no no.

I'm a newer chin mom and have only had my little guy for a little over a month now. My little Riki loves his FN 142 That I'm slowly adding more shelves and items to.

Here are some pictures of what I've done so far. I just added the wood shelving that I made over the weekend as a 1st birthday present. I made all of the fleece items myself as well.
I’m planning on get him a chin spin or flying saucer for Christmas.

The last picture of is of Riki after he exhausted himself after exploring and playing on his new shelves.

where do you get that litter pan??

Pans

Hello all!
I was wondering if anyone on the forum knows of someone who supplies pans (or welds them) in the Midwest Illinois areas. Joliet, Tinley, Bloomington, etc.
thanks!
Jenny

My FN, always a work in progress. Top level is ruled by Archimedes and Pongo (11 weeks) bottom level in ran by Timon and Pumbaa (1.5 yrs and 2.5 years).

Attachments

• cage.jpg
    cage.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 99
Just recently bought my ferret nation for my little one. Set up was a nightmare but should be receiving my new toys/fleece liners soon! So excited to share pics. Mine is so bare right now

Excited to join the FN club!! Here is Oakley and Avalon, and their brand new cage.

We need to switch to fleece liners ASAP but buying the interior supplies wiped out the "fun" money for a few weeks. :)

The cage:

Avalon:

bottom level:

Top level, with Oakley modeling:

Last edited:
I just ordered my FN182 today woohoo. I'm excited to decorate it for my little girl. Where are some good places to get hammocks and durable cage accessories?

I'm so excited. My FN 182 model is on its way here ><!

Totoro is going to be very excited, he's upgrading from a feisty ferret. It's not a bad cage, but it is difficult to clean, and the doors don't open on both sides, making it difficult to put things in and take things out.

So for my 182 I've already ordered the metal pans. I'm going to try to find fleece for him first instead of using bedding. Then I need more wooden shelving, because the feisty ferret cage had all metal shelving so I never needed to replace them.

I can't wait to accessorize his cage and post pictures :D

I finally got mine set up. I built the wooden shelving in it myself.

It's a little sparse at the moment, but I'm sure I'll fill it with hammocks and lots of stuff soon :)

My boys seem to love it at the moment.

todw.jpg

I've had Luna's CN 162 for a while now but kept forgetting to take a pic after I cleaned. I was very lucky that I was able to get it from Craigslist for $100 and in excellent condition, they even helped me load it into my car! She has the entire cage to herself and is one spoiled little chinnie. Tonight I finally remembered to get a picture, so here is my baby's home!
df58cfd7-5e19-48d4-a923-191b0601e3fb.jpg

(All of the fleece and the tube is from ChinChic, the hidey house in the top left is from jbcstratton, the custom cutout shelf in the top right is from Twilight Chinchillas, and there are wood chews from Ronda scattered around the cage that you can't see in the pic)

Since Luna tries to escape while I'm cleaning, she gets put into her travel cage so I can work without worrying about her getting out. As you can see, she's not too thrilled about that!
3965c139-70aa-4e96-8f93-ef5ce576a190.jpg

I don't know why she gets so mad. She knows that every time I clean her cage, I hide sticks and chunks of wood around her cage for her to destroy :)

Back