The Ferret Nation Club

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know, my cage is really plain right now, but in time it will start looking a lot better!

Attachments

• image (6).jpg
    image (6).jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 200
Well, I don't want to post pictures yet because my Ferret Nation is still a little bare (toys and more ledges on the way!), but I have to confess that a few days ago I ordered *two more* FNs to replace my Chin Mansions. My older chinnies will LOVE them.

Definitely have joined the FN CLUB! Will post pics when everything is here and set up!

I redid the cages a few weeks ago. I thought they could use some bright summer colors, plus I wanted the divider back in the girls' cage because Bella isn't very graceful and she took a tumble. (She was fine, but I'm far to protective to wait for it to happen again) Next up, new shelves when I can get to it :)

8684341817_22d8933771.jpg

8684342257_b9a95eebdd.jpg

8684341777_388657164e.jpg

8684341699_cab89f91a6.jpg

Daina, great cages!
What did you use to dye your ledges? and where did you get that two level house with the chin cuts outs on the side? That is so cute!

I used food coloring for the ledges. I got the double house when I first got the girls from chincessories.com, but I'm not sure if they're making them right now. They love that house. :)

I used food coloring for the ledges. I got the double house when I first got the girls from chincessories.com, but I'm not sure if they're making them right now. They love that house. :)

Thanks!
I probably look into it in the future, probably can't buy it now lol. But it's so cute.

First-Time Owner

Hi everyone,

I am getting my first chin pair in about a month (two boys from a breeder) and I am starting to get everything ready for them. I am most concerned with cage choice. I see many FN 142 or 182 on here. What do people think of the CN cages or the Feisty Ferret (I saw one that seems pretty compatible to the FN 142/182, but about 80 bucks cheaper).

I really appreciate any input you guys may have!

I actually have 2 Critter Nation cages for my chins (I have 3 chins) and I love them and so do the chins! I chose the Critter Nation because I could purchase one at my local petsmart and they will actually match prices from online websites so I got mine for $191 plus tax instead of the $249 plus tax. The only thing I do recommend is to take the ladders and shelves out of the cage and put in wood shelves because my youngest chin actually broke his leg on one of the ladders and had to have his leg amputated (he chewed the velcro off the ladder cover and it slid down while I was gone). I do not have any experience with the Feisty ferret cages so can't comment on them.

Hi everyone,

I am getting my first chin pair in about a month (two boys from a breeder) and I am starting to get everything ready for them. I am most concerned with cage choice. I see many FN 142 or 182 on here. What do people think of the CN cages or the Feisty Ferret (I saw one that seems pretty compatible to the FN 142/182, but about 80 bucks cheaper).

I really appreciate any input you guys may have!

The feisty ferret is smaller than the FN, only has one side of doors that open (instead of full front opening doors) and IMO is less sturdy and lesser quality materials. I remember reading about a few cages whose bars snapped. I would go with a CN or FN over the Feisty Ferret. Worth the extra $80.

Thanks for the input. I still have some time, but it looks like I'll probably go with a FN or CN for sure. Especially after looking through nearly every pages of this forum and seeing all of the amazing cages!

Thanks for the help, Lindsey13 and Stackie!

I just ordered a cage. I had originally ordered the CN double unit, but had read in one of the other threads about wood shelves and some of the wires breaking, so I canceled that and switched to the FN 182 (for less than $200 online!).

I'm sure I'll be posting more questions and asking for advice as time goes on, but just wanted to give an update!

Congrats on ordering your FN!

I LOVE my FN. I don't have anything to compare it to as I only have 1 chin and have always had a FN, but it is very easy to clean and access everything since the whole front opens.

Congrats on ordering the 182. My one and only CN141 is the only cage I absolutely hate and is has broken wires within a month of use.

Cage is built. Now time for ordering pans and supplies. The boys won't be here for a few more weeks, son if anyone has recommendations for where to get supplies, please feel free to let me know. I appreciate any and all input!

Latest posts

Back