The Ferret Nation Club

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you go up a few posts you'll see a picture of my full cage - in the bottom is just a square metal cake pan. Most people here use glass or metal, since chins will chew plastic.
o wow i love your cage fleece everywhere!!! hehe why do u have the fleece in the back? what do u have in the litter box for litter? I think im going to steal your ideal for my cage... and is there any tricks to get them to use it? or just wait and let them figure it out?

The fleece on the back of the cage is because they kept peeing all over the wall behind it! I rent and that's the last thing I want to explain to my landlord.

Right now I use a type of paper bedding in the litter pan that I got a sample bag of, but two safe beddings are aspen and kiln-dried pine shavings. To get them to use it, I just put it where they peed most and they just kind of figured it out. Now I can move it around and they still know what it's for, I guess they just get lazy sometimes.

I put fleece behind my FN as well. But I fold it under the cage and hang it tight it helps keep poops off the floor so when I vacuum I stick the hoes in there as well and there is half the poops on the floor! :)

Yes its a dog a shiba inu her name is Lena she lookes like a fox. She loves watching the chins. I also have two cats they dont like the chins much but love stealing there hay. But its funny when they try to steal the hay Lena barks at them. So shes the chin wacthdog.

Awesome cages! If your girls pee in a single corner already, litter training should be easy! Just put the litter pan in that corner. Good luck!

I re-did my cage a little bit, opening up the bottom half for the girly finally. Need some more fleece to make liners for the tubes.

Attachments

• photo(6).jpg
    photo(6).jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 165
not sure if it's been mentioned to you Apollo, but those hay wheels are not safe for chins. way too much potential to get a leg stuck through the wire parts, and the plastic parts are a chewing/ingestion/impaction hazard.

not sure if it's been mentioned to you Apollo, but those hay wheels are not safe for chins. way too much potential to get a leg stuck through the wire parts, and the plastic parts are a chewing/ingestion/impaction hazard.

It has been thank you, I was planning on going to get a pot to put the hay in as its been suggested. I havent had the funds to go buy one yet, that was my plan for tomorrow.

Lilo's part of the FN
IMG_0584.jpg

Zoey's part of the FN
IMG00548-20110923-00052.jpg

The Whole Cage - Zoey and Lilo's Pad
IMG_0161.jpg

Chilly's new FN - a work in progress!
IMG_0583.jpg

And maryelizabeth, your cage is really cute too! I love the colors, just double check to see if the beds you have in there are safe. are they completely fleece? They look like the ones they sell at petco and the inside material is some other material that they can pull apart/ingest :-(

The top bed is totally fine, its a Cuddly Cup for guinea pigs.
And the one on the bottom is not completely safe, and does have weird green foam in it, but they dont seem to touch it, and I watch it really close.

I got them more toys and things,
Check it out.
DSCN0617.jpg

DSCN0618.jpg

Cleaned today and did a little rearanging...thought I'd share!

Attachments

• cage11.jpg
    cage11.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 166
  • Dec, 2011 002.jpg
    Dec, 2011 002.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 148
  • Dec, 2011 003.jpg
    Dec, 2011 003.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 154
  • Dec, 2011 005.jpg
    Dec, 2011 005.jpg