The Ferret Nation Club

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get to join the club finally! Cage still needs a lot of decorating, dang budget restrictions

Attachments

• photo(5).jpg
    photo(5).jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 181
It's a Wonderful start Apollo! Just a warning, that hay ball is very dangerous. It's so easy for a chin to get it's leg stuck between the bars, and have a leg broken. A better alternative would be a glass drinking cup or small ceramic flower pot. Also watch that your chin isn't chewing the plastic shelf or litter pan. You may need to remove them if he does start to chew.

My updated setup - Dual 182's

Zip tied (2) FN 182's together with just the top inner sides removed. They have a lot more room to roam and play. Just ordered some new accessories and fleece from Annie-O to complete the new package.

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

Wow thats a fantastically huge set up. I cannot wait to have a chin room so I can do this too :D!!!!!

omg i want your massive cage! duhh!!!!!!

@apollo
i love the leopard! where'd you get the cute house?!?!?!?!?!?!

I finished up sewing this morning and now the cage is ready for Christmas! I regret not having gotten Christmas fleece for the back of the cage, and I might still go out and get some since I'm OCD about matching.

Attachments

• DSC00638.jpg
    DSC00638.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC00639.jpg
    DSC00639.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC00640.jpg
    DSC00640.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 108
  • DSC00642.jpg
    DSC00642.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 102
I finished up sewing this morning and now the cage is ready for Christmas! I regret not having gotten Christmas fleece for the back of the cage, and I might still go out and get some since I'm OCD about matching.

Looks great. There's nothing like the first 2 minutes of a clean fresh cage before they leave there little marks over and over and over again.

So I finally got my FN and I finally made shelves and a wiggly bridge for it.
Now I just need deep pans, a chin spin, and a fleece tunnel.
and way more toys. lol

047.jpg

050-1.jpg

054.jpg

My FN for my Boys Tiki and Smokey. Its almost done got a few more things to go.

picsofstuffandchinchillas265.jpg

picsofstuffandchinchillas264.jpg

Also looking for a add on to make it 3 high.

Awesome cage! but watch out for that kitty being in there, that could end badly...

And maryelizabeth, your cage is really cute too! I love the colors, just double check to see if the beds you have in there are safe. are they completely fleece? They look like the ones they sell at petco and the inside material is some other material that they can pull apart/ingest :-(

Awesome cage! but watch out for that kitty being in there, that could end badly...

And maryelizabeth, your cage is really cute too! I love the colors, just double check to see if the beds you have in there are safe. are they completely fleece? They look like the ones they sell at petco and the inside material is some other material that they can pull apart/ingest :-(

I think thats a dog. :tease:

Mine are about 50/50 on the litter pans. They do use them a lot, but the fleece on the shelves gets pretty gross too. 50% is better than nothing, less pee on the fleece!

Mine are about 50/50 on the litter pans. They do use them a lot, but the fleece on the shelves gets pretty gross too. 50% is better than nothing, less pee on the fleece!

haha right on you use a plastic litter box? i havent seen one that wasent

also i heard salt licks are a bad ideal

If you go up a few posts you'll see a picture of my full cage - in the bottom is just a square metal cake pan. Most people here use glass or metal, since chins will chew plastic.

Latest posts

Back