The Ferret Nation Club

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bridge

Hey TinaM, where did you get that really cool wooden bridge for your chin? Did you make it? My lil guy would love that.

So, I've seen a few pictures of cages with hay boxes that have a little chinchilla cut out on them, can anyone tell me where to get those at?
:)

I noticed some people keep the FN level divider in the cage, and other people take it out.

Why do people normally keep them in or out? Would it be dangerous to take the dividers out (e.g. increased risk of falling from a high place and getting hurt)?

I personally left the shelves in but took the divider out. I feel they have more room to jump around and aren't so confined with just one little hole to go through in the middle.

With the shelves in, there is no way they can fall straight from the top to the bottom of the cage, so it's a safe alternative for me. The shelves also provide the "floor" space for food dishes or hidey houses that the divider gives those who leave it in. Some people stretch a bridge or hammock across the cage if they take the divider out to prevent falls.

Honestly though, I know it's about safety, but I've watched my chins go crazy in their cage and I don't see a huge risk of getting injured with OR without something across the middle. They are very nimble, know their cage very well, and generally correct themselves if they know they jumped funny. I think they could get hurt worse by falling onto a wooden bridge or shelf across the middle than falling from the top to a fleece-cushioned bottom. But that's just my 2 cents. I'm sure someone has a horror story about it, but it seems like such a minute possibility to me.

you can take them out, you just have to have something stretch across the middle like a giant hammock for example, just incase a chin were to fall.

i personally like mine better with the divider in.

Just got my girls in their new FN today!! They are loving it so far!

Attachments

• fnfinished.jpg
    fnfinished.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 217
  • bottom.jpg
    bottom.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 143
  • top.jpg
    top.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 130
well i told you this earlier, but i'm gonna say it again because now i can do a thumbs up lol

looks good! :thumbsup:

SAM_1608.jpg

my first picture in the club =P

(and i realise i look like i have 3 chins I only have two can you guess which is the double =)? )

Classy chilla- cuddle ledge, candy hammock, tube cover, huge santa sock (am i suppose to hang it like that or vertical?)

Camphor chins - penguin double hammock, comforter, totoro trail

Twilight Chins ornaments. chew toss toy

F&O loofah - loofah wrapped willow wreaths

ChinChic - chin buddy

Chinchilla Park Place - natural willow ornaments

covers by me =P

Last edited:
Back