The Dreaded Chin Ban

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many chins did you own when you were banned from getting any more?

• 1-3

Votes: 48 47.5%
  • 4-6

Votes: 26 25.7%
  • 7-9

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • 10-12

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 13+

Votes: 16 15.8%

• Total voters
My ban was 2. That was 9 years ago, and roughly (at last count a few weeks ago) 79 chins ago.

Hmmmm...Lynn... I have a little tripod chinnie boy, who is super duper friendly and sweet. He could maybe, possibly go along with Jimmy if someone comes through Arizona on the way to you...

And, you could always expand the bedroom...you need more chins! :p

I don't have a limit, other than when I run out of room, or when my landlord decides enough is enough. :p He's good about them though. He says as long as they don't chew up his house (which they don't since I use a playpen for playtime) he doesn't care how many I have.

Are you kidding me?? i dont think any one around here has the GUTS to actually BAN me from anything... but i have realized my limitations... 250 chins, 10 horses, 4 dogs, 2 cats, 6 birds, 3 fish, and a 8 year old is WAYYYY too much to handle at 22 years old... trying to cut myself back. :D:D

ha ha, my family hasn't given me a limit....just that they have to stay in my room (other than for quarantine) I personally don't want to take in more than I can handle though...not fair for them! :)

I am currently "banned" from buying more. However, I am allowed to pair up chinchillas that I'd purchased as possible mates for my male, Cuda, and breed more (this is the odd way my boyfriend's mind works). Once we get our own place, I will be allowed to buy more... He's still having trouble accepting that breeding on a "small scale" is not 2-3 pairs, but more like 20-30 chins...

Well, the husband tried to say "two is enough" after Carmen and Minnie, but then he couldn't stop thinking about poor little Trousers, so we had to get her... then we were just "fostering" the Ag department's chinchillas for the summer, but we couldn't stand to see them go back to those conditions after spoiling them so much... then we couldn't pass up the chance to help two little girls from Arlington, so we had to adopt them...

We don't so much buy chinchillas as permanently foster them!!! As for a limit, well, you see how well the first limit worked out! I do have to say, though, that seven is PLENTY. We've got two full FNs, and that's enough for both of us!! :)

I've got a self-imposed ban when it comes to critters: If the suggested minimum vet fund for each is (just tossing out a number) $400, then we will have as many animals as our savings divided by that number would cover in an emergency. So right now, ideally, I'd have at least $800 set aside for HRM Princess Trillian Tie Dye Pretty Pretty Ruffle Butt (the cat) and Crash No-Touchy (the chin) to get to a vet.

When we move in together, the Boy Thing wants rats, which are expensive vet-wise. So, we'd need at least another $800 in savings + the set up before adopting a pair of ratties. If I didn't mandate that we have the funds for medical emergencies first, I'd bring home every needy animal I meet, and then it becomes easy to get in over your head.

When I had my hamster, parrotlet, Rodya + Sonya, and then brought home Mork and Orson, I was told NO MORE. Then Ivan was born XD
The funny part is, my boyfriend is the one who tells me 'no more' adn I don't even live with him. So of course I don't care what he says. Lol.
My roommate is fine with it as long as it doesn't take up too much of our shared room, so when I told him Pico was going to be staying in my room, he was fine with it. My mom has also told me that I have too many pets. But I don't live with her anymore, so :neener:
---
Half the reason I gave to my mom and boyfriend as to why I NEEDED to rescue Pico was because I was already down 2 chins, and it was just 2 too few. Say that 10 times fast :wacko:

I asked my husband the other day: "How many chinchillas do I have?" He really had to think long and hard and he said: "Six!" Nope, I actually have seven here so if thinks I only have six, well he'd never know if I brought another one in. :innocent:

The real problem is floor space. I have five very large cages and I honestly do not have the floor space for another one, no way. I've given up trying to introduce Carlos and Rupert, at least for the time being, but if I could get those two together, I'd take on Pam's little rescue guy Timothy who was severely beaten up by his cage mate b/c the woman was too stupid to separate them when there were obvious signs of friction between the two.

I've been told 3 is my limit, but I feel like 5-7 is a better number, we'll just have to see what the future holds.

Oh, I was told 0 chins after our first chin passed. 1 month later I got 2 boys! :D After that the hubby says, ok no more, 6 months later I got 2 more boys. After that he said, your done right? I never really answered him as I just came home with another boy a few weeks ago. Oh well.

i told my hubby coming into this marriage, if you marry a vet tech, you marry a zoo! there's always going to be more animals than people in this household :) he pretends to fuss but ends up loving all our animals & spoiling them rotten!!

After I got Mitzie as a friend for Maddie, I was "banned" then I got Lizzie and I was "banned" again, so then I got Emma and Eli, that one was a pretty royal hissy fit ban :rofl:

I have reminded him that he knew I was a huge animal lover before we started dating, what did he expect? I come as a package deal :neener:

My hubby has never officially banned me from getting more, but I have banned myself! ;) But chins are like chips and tattoos: You can never have just one..or two..or three...or six!

ok, my boyfriend always tells me we have enough animals. Then why in the world does he search thru Craigslist and tell me when he sees an ad for an animal needing a home. It's all his fault! :)

Back