Tarantulas!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silverrose

Chinnie kisses!
So I'm a new tarantula mom as well! I picked up two new tarantulas yesterday from Jamie's Tarantulas in Anaheim, a Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens (green bottle blue) and a Brachypelma albopilosum (curlyhair). They are still so small and cute! I don't even know how I can get pics of them as they are so tiny, neither of them are even near 1" DLS yet. But I will see what I can do once they settle in and I think the GBB is about to molt too so yeah. Can't wait to watch them grow and add to my T collection! Yay!

That's so cool! I've had tarantulas on and off growing up. Our last one was TarantulasaurusRex which was owned by my then 3 year old. Yes, she asked for a spider for her birthday! She even had a lamb Chops-Spider cake! OF course she was born just days before Halloween, and has a few screws loose like her Mom! LOL
I look forward to pictures from you, for my spider fix!

Ugh, spiders up close kind of creep me out, but I do enjoy other's spider pics! Can't wait to meet yours!

Your birthday is on Halloween? I did not know this!

I know how excited you were about getting those spiders...so I am glad you have them already. Post pictures! I would love to see them. (Just don't tell a certain someone about it...)

ok i really do not like house spiders (but i often save them from death by shoe!) but ones kept in an enclosed space are facinating.

i do not know much about tarantulas but i love that i can learn so much from this group. i would also love to see pics when you can get ones!

How did I know this was your thread Therese? ;-) Spiders are icky, but I'm glad you're excited about your new pets. Congrats! Just keep them out there in Cali, ok?

I moved my C. cyaneopubescens into its new enclosure! It will stay here until about 2-3" then it will get moved into a bigger and permanent tank. For now, it's in an acrylic cube 4x4x5". My B. albopilosum is still too small to be moved to a bigger enclosure so it's just in the little condiment cup it came in until 1 or 2 more molts =) So no pics of that little one yet. For food, these guys are still on flightless fruit flies. The little B. albopilosum is on D. melanogaster and the C. cyaneopubescens can eat D. hydei which are a lil bit bigger.

I really wanted this tarantula as a spiderling because they change colors as they molt. Eventually the mature adult will have blue legs, a green carapace, and an orange rump! It's going to be totally fun to watch and take care of!

Moving pics!
picture.php

Bird's eye view of home
picture.php

This is my pinkie in relationship to the spiderling, to show you how small it still is!
picture.php

I never knew you loved spiders! And they are TINY! Nice finds. Its hard to believe that little greenbottle blue will change so much before he matures into an absolutely gorgeous, colorful spider. You are going to have to share pics as they molt....

Congratulations on your little spiderlings, Therese!

And... I feel like such a jerk because I just realized you sent me a PM a while ago with questions about tarantulas. So sorry! I have not been keeping up with forum stuff lately! I just have a Grammastola rosea (Chilean rose hair) and she is super docile like a little puppy dog... kind of, lol. Never bitten, never kicked any urticating hairs at me... always very calm. I've had her for 4 years now. When I go to school demonstrations and career fairs for my job, I usually bring her along!

Julie, I will definitely take pics after molts. I will even try to get some feeding pics once they are a little bigger and start eating dubia. And Sumiko, it's cool heh. The T breeder I went to was super nice and helpful. My B. albopilosum was actually a freebie, and she also threw in the fruitfly cultures at no cost. I plan on getting at least a couple more for now. I want at least one big adult T to show off, which will probably be a B. smithi hehe.

Back