Students or Graduates

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kaykay

It seems like a lot of people are in school or have graduated so thought I'd start a thread for those that are in school or graduated to discuss what fields etc. everyone is in.

I go to a 2 year school that goes year-round and I'm in the Associates program for Medical Assisting. I've got about 7 months (give or take if I double up on classes) I absolutely love it. And I'm so glad I finally found my niche. Some people ask me why I don't just go on to get my LPN or RN and that's just not something I want to do. I'm happy with the field I'm in and will be even happier in the work place when I get there. :D

So what's everyone else doing or did?

I am doing one of those "fast paced" schools, and going for Phlebotomy/ECG/Lab Assistant. Schooling is only about 8 months long, with no breaks at all. Works out great for me, the only downside is I have to drive 1hr 15 mins-1hr 30mins each way. But it lets me stay at home, continue to care for the animals, and atleast work part time at the job I have.

I am doing one of those "fast paced" schools, and going for Phlebotomy/ECG/Lab Assistant. Schooling is only about 8 months long, with no breaks at all. Works out great for me, the only downside is I have to drive 1hr 15 mins-1hr 30mins each way. But it lets me stay at home, continue to care for the animals, and atleast work part time at the job I have.

Your school sounds a lot like mine, year round, fast paced. Mine is 2 years though but it includes the Gen Eds. I love it. I have 1 class at a time so I can just focus on that 1 class. It sure beats 5-6 classes at a time.

I went to Bennington College which technically gives everyone a liberal arts degree, but it's self designed and you can focus in different areas. I did Digital Art and Animation, which on my diploma they simplified to just 'Visual Arts', lame.

I was going to transfer from my CC to a 4 year in the fall to do environmental science, but I might be going to a fast paced school instead to do something medical, like ultrasound teching.

Right now I'm in my last semester at a 2 year college. I'll be receiving an Associates in Science with a Biology concentration next month, and will be transferring to a 4 year school (either University of Indianapolis or Indiana University-Purdue University of Indianapolis) to receive my Bachelors with a concentration on Microbiology. Hopefully I'll be working in a diagnostics lab once I receive my degree.

I just passed my oral and written comprehensive exams so now I get to graduate!!!!:grad: Here I come May 9th!!

I am receiving a MS in Communications - technically an organizational degree but I studied other aspects as well

I graduated in December and triple majored in Corporate Finance, Commercial Bank Management, and Investment Science & Portfolio Management, as well as minored in International Business.

If I knew four years ago what I knew now, I would have majored in something COMPLETELY different.

*sigh*...

I got my BS in Marine Biology. I am now working as a Instructional Lab Assistant at UC Merced. A little far from the ocean but it gives me lots of learning opportunities and a lot of training for any field. :)

Well I'm in my 4th year of General Sciences at the University of Alberta. I am qualified to graduate this April for my BSc degree with a double major in Biological and Physical Sciences but I am extending it for November so I can take more prereqs and get my marks up for the After Degree Nursing Program. If all goes as planned, I will be working as an RN in approximately 2 1/2 years. I am willing to do more schooling after though to move myself up in the field :)

I had a liberal arts degree from the University of Minnesota, and then moved to Florida for law school, and received my JD from St. Thomas University School of Law. I just got a job a few months ago and am now working as corporate counsel for a brokerage company.

So- all the hard work does EVENTUALLY pay off!

I have a BS in Animal Science and am *this* close to completing my MS in Agricultural Leadership, Education & Communication.

I'm currently job hunting for a position either as an Extension agent, or in the research field (preferably in a genetics lab).

I was going to transfer from my CC to a 4 year in the fall to do environmental science, but I might be going to a fast paced school instead to do something medical, like ultrasound teching.
I got my B.S. in Earth & Environmental Science from UC Irvine and LOVED every minute of getting that degree. :D

I am almost done my second year of Bachelor of Music/Bachelor of Education. It's a 4+1 year degree and I am minoring in mathematics.

As you may have guessed, I would like to teach music and math at a high school level.

Hi,

I am a current student too. I am majoring in Environmental Engineering. The reasons i decided on this major: i hope to make a difference, enjoy the idea of making the environment cleaner, makes good money, have connections in some of the multinational firms that work with enviro engineers.

I'm a senior in high school right now and am excited to graduate this June! Class of 09, baby! hehe

I'll be heading off to The University of Mississippi to double major in forensic chemistry and criminal justice. I love chemistry so I'm hoping I'll like the forensic chem stuff... and I also have a huge interest in criminal justice, so hopefully it goes well.

I'm currently a 4th semester student in the Associate Degree Nursing Program at Western Kentucky University, looking to graduate in May. I'm also currently doing the Practicum part of the program (120 hours of work) in the Outpatient Recovery dept at one of the local hospitals. After graduation, I will complete another 120 hour internship and sit for the NCLEX soon after (maybe around July/August?) Hopefully, with a passing grade on the NCLEX the first time around, I'll be working as a RN by Fall.

I'm in my 3rd year at Michigan State University - I'll be graduating next May with a BS in Zoology, Concentration in Zoo & Aquarium Science. I'm also taking all the prereqs for applying to Vet school which I will be doing this fall (AHHHH).
Most people take 5 years to complete all the credits for both of these but I'm able to knock it out in 4 years thankfully!

There are a lot of biology/vet/animal science majors here! Better for the chinnies! :)

I'm graduating in May with my bachelor's in Interior Design with an Architecture minor from University of Idaho. My options are to work with an architecture and design firm, or go to grad school and finish out my masters in architecture with a concentration in environmental design. Given the economy, I'm getting more tempted to do the latter- hmm, more debt vs. unemployment- we'll see!

Either way, as soon as I graduate I'll start working on getting my LEED AP and NCIDQ certifications, and practice sustainable design and architecture.

Back