Students or Graduates

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm majoring in zoo science and plan to work at a zoo or aquarium once I graduate soon. I just got accepted to my dream internship this summer, so i'm really excited.

I'm working toward a master's degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders, in order to become a Speech-Language Pathologist (aka speech therapist). I am specializing in pediatric special populations (kids with cleft palate, autism, multiple disabilities, and babies in the NICU).

I graduated last May (2008) with a B.S. in Biology and an Art minor.
I worked at an aquarium throughout college (The Great Lakes Aquarium in Duluth MN) and then last fall I quit to move back home.
I went to school for a biology major since it is rather broad and I could do a lot with it. I wanted to work in a zoo or aquarium, which I did, and since I don't want to move far away from family I probably won't again, but I would be more than happy working at a humane society or pretty much anything with animals if the need arises for me to go back to a "traditional" job.

Now I work doing my online businesses full time and volunteer at a humane society. And I am very happy I must say lol

Last edited:
Back