sooo, what did you get for christmas

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This christmas was slim on gifts here too since I lost both my "real" jobs last year. It was one of the nicest I've had though. Usually it's a mad rush of going from home to home trying to appease all the relatives, former spouses, in-laws and ex-laws. This year I made no commitments to be anywhere except my mom's house. I didn't buy gifts for anyone with the exception of making some jewelry for my mother who is my biggest blessing in life. Taking the stress and "expectations" out of Christmas made for such a peaceful day. I'll take this year out of any of the last 9 I've been married. :)) My favorite gift was from my mom. She gave me the softest pink fleece pajamas and fuzzy socks. Putting them on when I got home was like a little piece of heaven. I was so tempted to wear them when I had to go to the feed store today. :))

I got...

Guitar Hero for PS2
Vaccum for my car (pulls in to the cigeratte lighter so no more extension cords yay)
New curtains for the chins room (suppose to keep heat, sun, and cold out. And they are green...woots)
Fuzzy gloves, a shirt and a bunch of socks (I LOVE SOCKS)
A little drill set (for when I drill the chinnies toy part..I don't need daddies anymore lol)
A clock that display the tempature (for the chinnies of course)
A new fleece blanket
A shower set

and as an early present...my mom paid for half of my last order from PPBN =) (that was for me and my sister)

Mine was pretty good. I got my mom a Sterling Silver necklace that said Mom instead a heart with stones around the heart. I got daddy an Angle grinder. Its the only tool he didn't have. lol

I'm still jealous Staceywolf got a little horse and I didn't. No Santa coming down my chimney with a little horse. I'm going to have to try to be nice next year, I guess. :thumbsup:

As always the best gift is watching my daughter opening her packages.

I am reading Thomas Jefferson's
Americas Paradoxial Patriot

And I wanted book two. And I got it!!!
Thomas Jefferson
Passionate Patriot

And I also got: The Federalist Papers in Modern Language Indexed For Todays Political Issues.

I'm in 7th heaven now!!! :thumbsup:

this year was a quite "simple" christmas in gift.
My grandma gave me money, witch when toward my car accident prenium. My mom and dad didn'y give me anything, since their gift was the help they gave troughout the year. My ex was really kind and gave me some money to get the skates I wanted since over 3 years. that's about it.

n of making some jewelry for my mother who is my biggest blessing in life. Taking the stress and "expectations" out of Christmas made for such a peaceful day.
That I must say is really good. That's one of the positive thing I think about beeing single this christmas. I used to rush from my mother in law, grand-ma in law and father in law to my parents. Making believe I was happy to be at the mother in law and beeing an hypocrite with the brother in law's girfriend. This christmast is more peacefull to me too.

I got a Coach purse and matching billfold, a new tree stand, a river fishing pole, and my boyfriend got me a new diamond necklace and earrings :D I got a lot more but those were my "big gifts". I had an awesome Christmas!

Oooh and can't forget my $50 worth of Olive Garden gift cards and a bottle of salad dressing from OG! MMMMM!

I got
Swiss army watch and Burts Bees sampler pack (Dad)
Knit hat (sister)
A chinchilla shirt that says "Hand over the raisins and nobody gets hurt!" and a hand drill (I can finally make cages without using power tools since I am not allowed to yet) from Mom.

I made a church candle holder for my mom in my art class, got one of my pastel pictures made into a mousepad for my dad, and got my sister a big fleece blanket.

I love Christmas!

The best present I got was a dvd of old reel home movies from when my mom and her sisters and brother were little, when my grandfather was overseas in the army, my great grandparents (who both died when I was really little) and me at my first and second birthdays.

That's an awesome gift Ann. Again, another great memory that you can have with you always.

I think people tend to forget what Christmas is really about, because they get so wrapped up in the money aspect of it. I can guarantee you that my photo album from Rhiannon means more to me than an ipod or diamond necklace would, no matter how nice they are. She put a lot of thought into it, dug through probably 50 boxes to find the pictures, and it made me proud of her for thinking outside of the commercial box.

I got some new scrubs from my brother

A Tennessee Bowling shirt from my brother

Twilight Woods smell good stuff from Bath and Body Works from my mom

A GPS unit

A gift card for a full paint job on my car

Rock Band which we have been playing non-stop since we got it

Some really pretty earrings from my dogs

The chins got me a necklace with a chinchilla on it which I should get soon

And my mom said she also got the boys a fleece corner house from Allie which is running a little behind.

And the rest was cash which is going towards my tuition.

I hear you Pegs. I was lucky enough to have my fiancé come home (after a cancelled flight) and have my Oma and Opa here (they didn't know if Opa would be strong enough after his chemotherapy). Playing poker with the whole family and just spending time together overshadowed all the presents. Because more than likely next year will be a very somber, depressing Christmas without him around. I really do think this Christmas was magical and everything we could have wished for.

Even though I got lots of nice gifts this Christmas and in that aspect it was awesome, it sucked because it was the first without my grandpa. We got my grandma a necklace with his ashes inside and a big picture frame with lots of his pictures. We still tried to keep it cheery though and I think it worked.

I got my present early! I went to dinner with my sisters last Wednesday and then went to finish up my last minute shopping.

When I came home, hubby had had the bedroom professionally painted (it was an awful blue/white paint job when we bought the house a year and a half ago). To top that off, he had gone through some of the scrapbooks I had done and picked some pictures to blow up into 8x10 black and whites and hung those over the bed. He also got new bedding that I had found. YAY! I felt like I was on an episode of Trading Spaces or something.

He said he wanted to do something for me that I would never do for myself. Awwww.

Attachments

• December 2009 008.jpg
    December 2009 008.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 112
  • December 2009 009.jpg
    December 2009 009.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 110
  • December 2009 010.jpg
    December 2009 010.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 114
Tunes, Rhiannon sounds like a wonderful daughter!! That's an amazing gift!

My "big" gift was from my husband--he made me a large table to use for sewing/crafts and is going to help me clear out space in our spare room so I've got a spot to sew to my heart's content. I am SO EXCITED! Can't wait to get home to get working on the spare room.

I also got an immersion blender, which I can't wait to use to make some delicious soups. Yum!

From my fiance for Christmas I got a date night out with him. We went out for steak (actually was a gift card he had received) and then out to a Wild hockey game.

Living almost 5 hours apart, it was all I wanted, and it was a great Christmas. :))

First off...I loved reading through everyone's posts and it seemed like those that got the least gifts ended up getting the best gifts of all.

My boyfriend got me a brand new laptop since mine was pretty much dead.

My parents and siblings all pitched in together to get us a Wii, Wii fit, Rockband for Wii and a couple of other games. It made it a ton of fun because we spent Christmas day playing Wii fit and laughing at each other's Wii fit ages and gloating about high scores.

We also have a tradition in our family where instead of "santa" bringing us presents my mom always told us Elvis brought us presents and you can't have the present unless you BELIEVE in Elvis, lol. So Elvis brought us avalanche apples from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and some truffles from Godiva.

I got a new TV for my new apartment from my mom and dad and some pots and pans. But my favorite gift was all of $4. My dad bought me the game let's go fishin lol When I opened it I had that moment of excitement because it reminded me of my childhood. Totally loved it!

Back