sooo, what did you get for christmas

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a bunch of great stuff! :)

-32" HDTV 1080p
-Wall Mount (for TV)
-HP Pavilion Laptop with 17.3" screen, 320 GB Hard Drive, and 4GB of RAM
-Wireless Mouse (Matches Laptop)
-Laptop Case
-Assassins Creed 2
-F.E.A.R. 2
-Modern Warfare 2
-Clothes
-A Bunch of Cologne
-HDMI Cable
-Blu-Ray Player
-Other random things
-Money

Im happy with everything! :)

My favorite gifts? They came from the dollar store.

My girls' school had a shopping time for the students. Parents could send money in ($2 per gift) and a list, and the kids got to go shopping. Volunteers helped them pick things out, and wrapped them. My girls were soooo excited to put their gifts under the tree.

Tori gave me some funky body spray...and I may never be bold enough to wear it, lol....but I don't think I could have gotten a better gift. It's not about things, it's about giving.

Our Christmas was sad this year as we are all still missing Lisa SO much, BUT we were all together as a family and that was the greatest gift! I got a WAY cool Elvis mini suitcase--hard--that I can put dvd's and cd's and stuff in! I LOVE it! I took it to the hospital when mom had her surgery and got compliments on it! I filled it with my Nintendo DS, my IPOD, my e-reader and even a few books! I was set for the day!

See Tab I believe in Elvis! But hey were are my apples and chocolates?? lol!

I also got a Barnes and Noble gift card and the Third Day CD I wanted so bad! Dad had my name this year and boy does he know me!

My biggest shock came from mom and Lynelle! Lynelle got me a big of dried fruit for the chins lol! She had been feeling bad that she didn't even know the names of all the chins and that she doesn't ever come to see them. So I know this was her way of trying to make up for it. She was pretty depressed when she found out they can't have dried fruit lol! but that night everyone did get a tiny bit of raisin from Auntie Nel!

And mom really surprised me with a romance book! She had picked up a Trade Paperback Anthology because A. it had a Scottish Highlander on the cover and he was hot and B. it was "big" she goes I know you read those big books! LOL! Mom doesn't really know the difference between trade paperback and mass market so I thought it was really sweet!

Stewart got me a collection of books by Lisa Marie Rice that are very hard to come by! Just the Midnight Run book alone is going for 50 bucks on ebay, yet he found someone selling all three of the Midnight books for 25 bucks! It was great! And they are fabulous!

And lastly the best thing I got for Christmas was eternal life, thanks to the birth and ultimate death and sacrifice by Jesus Christ to save my worthless soul.

And lastly the best thing I got for Christmas was eternal life, thanks to the birth and ultimate death and sacrifice by Jesus Christ to save my worthless soul.

As long as we keep Christ in Christmas and remember the true meaning of the holiday every day will be a wonderful gift to cherish.:)

My ideal Christmas Laurie. Books, books, and more books!

I see so many people focusing on the big things, basically seeing how much money they can rake in, and I'm glad I got my kids well away from that when they were young. We are not a super religious family, which you know, but I want them to realize that Christmas is not about expensive gifts, the more the better, it's about family. TV's and other big dollar items cannot replace what family gives you at Christmas.

And, as usual, your post puts everything into perspective for us. :)

Amen, Laurie!:thumbsup:

I was very blessed to be surrounded by family this Christmas, also. Andy had 2 weeks leave over Christmas, so it was wonderful to have all my kids together. I doubt we'll be fortunate enough to have them all again next year, as he will most likely be stationed overseas.

My whole family was together again, including a few from Colombia that we haven't seen in years. They were all over at the house until almost 3am, and still having a ball. Stories being told, laughter, hugs, etc. It happens every year, and every year we all look forward to it. :))

As for gifts, I feel rather fortunate this year and have found that the people I hold so high in my life apparently know me like the back of my hand. I got some rather pricey gifts, but the one that probably stands out the most is this little keychain that I have had my eye on for MONTHS. Its a dachshund keychain and I only saw it at a car wash station of all places. I never mentioned it to my sister, but low-and-behold...there it was in my stocking. I couldn't believe it at first since its very unique and for $15, a little expensive. As for the other incredible gifts they included my very first pair of Uggs boots, Ed Hardy perfume set, a trendy shirt, wine accessories, Burberry coat & scarf, toe socks, fuzzy socks, a hair straightener, candle, money...

Back