Prayers needed for HedgeMom

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nancy, I'm so sorry to hear this, but I know you are taking it all in stride because that's how you are. Lots of love and wishes for a swift and painless journey.

I am so very sorry to hear this.HM never minced words.
I'm sure she saved many animals in her life time one way or another.
I pray for a peace passing and I know there is a big crowd waiting to welcome her.

Wow, just wow. I am in shock. Even times when I was MIA from the forum she somehow always came to mind when dealing with animals.

For some reason this comes to mind when thinking about her:

The young pup and the older dog lay on shaded sweet grass watching the reunions. Sometimes a man, sometimes a woman, sometimes a whole family would approach the Rainbow Bridge, be greeted by their loving pets, and cross the bridge together.

The young pup playfully nipped at the older one. “Look! Something wonderful is happening!” The older dog stood up and barked, “Quickly. Get over to the path.”

“But that’s not my owner,” whined the pup, but he did as he was told. Thousands of pets surged forward as a figure in white walked on the path toward the bridge.

As the glowing figure passed each animal, that animal bowed its head in love and respect. The figure finally approached the bridge, and was met by a menagerie of joyous animals.

Together, they all walked over the bridge and disappeared.

The young pup was still in awe. “Was that an angel?” he whispered.

“No, son.” The older dog replied. “That was more than an angel. That was a person who worked rescue.”

She was always trying to teach and help. Sure she was blunt, but well there isn't any nice way to say somethings like a doctor telling someone they have cancer. I can imagine her crossing over the rainbow bridge will be the same way as the little story found amongst those that rescue. And I also hope to have impact on as many animals as I believe she and many others on this forum have.

Godspeed HedgeMom may you never feel pain again and be reunited with loved ones, furry, quilled or standing up right.

Last edited:
My thoughts and prayers are with you Hedgemom....you were always very straight to the point and never "beat around the bush".......I totally admired your strength and ability to "tell it like it is"....you didn't care what people thought.....Your strength is what is keeping you fighting......if anyone can beat this, you can!
I always thought that I would want you in my corner...in any fight.....
I too, am a cancer survivor, although I am one of the lucky ones who found it early and was successful in having them "cut it out" without chemo....
Be strong! Keep up the fight! and know that we are all here rooting for you!

Oh wow... I know I was wondering where she had been. She and I often butted heads often, and we definitely started out on the wrong foot, but she was one of the people who helped me get turned around and headed in the right direction with my chins. I'm extremely saddened to hear this, a great wealth of knowledge and love for animals will be lost with her. Nancy, if you get a chance to read this, thank you for the information you've provided, and I know you can't wait to see all of our furry friends over the bridge.

Meanie, if you get the chance to talk with her before, please let her know we all have missed her deeply. She'll be in my thoughts, as well.

I did not know Nancy but she was active on the forum when I first joined. I will say a prayer for her and her family and hope that she will be pain free and at peace soon.

I'm very sad to hear this :( I was just asking Megan where she had gone because I have often thought of her when I come on this board. I respected her so much and understood her points of view.

I will be praying for her. I hope all her beloved animals are o.k.

Gosh dang.............

I'm at a loss. It's hard to think with the lump in my throat. The world is a better place with Nancy in it. You just haven't lived until you've gotten a good tongue lashing from HM. And we all know she did it because she cares about animals, and cares about us. Lord please lead her down a smooth path through this, and be with her family during her journey.

Meanie, if you're able, please tell her she's in my prayers.

There are no words to express what a loss it will be But I hope HM has the peace she has deserved. She is in my thoughts and Prayers. I am in absoulute shock I had no idea.

Hedgemom is truly an amazing person. I always appreciated her spunk, her heart, her honesty, her generosity and her fierce spirit. She will be welcomed by so many loving animal and human friends alike. I hope she has an easy journey and that her family is supported and knows how loved she is.

Wow. I'm in tears! Chat was never the same after HM left.

I remember when her daughter was pregnant and she was in a knitting frenzy. She was so happy. It really does make you stop and think about the important things in life. The things you take for granted every day. The people you love.

Sending love and prayers your way Hedgemom. Thanks for all the advice and encouragement when I was new and had no clue what I was doing. You made a lasting impression. :)

wow, there's a name I haven't heard in awhile, and it is so disappointing to hear that she is fighting such a terrible battle. There are so many people here that remember her and love her...she will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I wish her all the peace in the world. Nancy was a truly honest and caring person and helped me with my first hedgie rescue. She has so many animals waiting to thank her on the other side, may she pass painlessly.

Oh, man, that is sad news.

I often wondered why she dropped out of the forum. I, too, respected that she "told it like it was" and didn't mince words, nor did she suffer fools gladly.

She also reminded us that "Chinchillas are not tiny little people in fur coats". I always loved being reminded of that, even though I still anthropomorphize animals all the time!!!

The world is a better place for many animals because you cared and took the time to educate so many people.

HedgeMom, I wish you a peaceful, pain-free passing and pray that you will be everyone's Chinnie and Hedgie Angel and watch over the animals and us, too. Love to you and your family. :flowers4:

Last edited:
Hedgemom was one of the first people I remember back from CnQ because of the way she posted - there are many times over the years since that I have wished I could post exactly what I was thinking but she always told me I was far too polite.
For those of you reading this who did not know her - the world of chins & hedgies is the poorer for her leaving - she told it like it was for the animals' sake & that is a precious gift.

Some people are given far too short a time on this earth & Nancy is one of them - I am so glad she got to spent time as a grandma.

I pray that her passing will be peaceful, that she is surrounded by the people who love her when she does, & that she can also feel the genuine love of the people on this forum who have missed her presence.

I am sure she fought this very hard...she was always such a fighter.....I hope now she can truly have an "easy release".....God is waiting for her with open arms.
I wish her peace......My mother passed recently and it was very very hard to lose her, but knowing that she is pain free is what kept me going without her.

God Bless you HedgeMom.......the chinnies over the rainbow bridge will soon have their own special caretaker......HUGS

Last edited:
I am deeply saddened to hear this news. I remember her from C&Q even though I never had the pleasure of really knowing her. She is one person that I didn't want to argue with. I respected her and her love for animals. The only contact that I really had with her was when a member of the forum had a fire and lost everything. She was taking donations for that family. I had wondered why she had left the forum.

Hedgemom, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Back