Prayers needed for HedgeMom

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I'm sorry you fed your poor dead chins licorice whips and strawberry ice cream! I'm SURE they were very happy up until the day they died. No, I don't think dying from GI stasis is painful. I'm SURE they didn't suffer and it's ok if you didn't take them to the vet because we all know that vets are TOO expensive and can't do anything anyway.

I'm sad I never got to know her, but I can tell I would've liked her. May she have a pain-free passing. Cancer is hard, my mom just finished her fight with breast cancer. Luckily she was one of the lucky ones and caught it early and had it cut out before they even knew what it was. She sounds like a wonderful person and from what I've read here, she touched a lot of lives, I hope she knows that and remembers it.

I am so sad to hear this. I also wondered where Nancy had run off to. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I just finished treatment for my own cancer, and have met many remarkable ladies that I call my pink ribbon sisters. Hedgemom from one pink ribbon sister to another, I hope your release is an easy one. You fought hard, and left a lasting memory and legacy that many of us from the old board will never forget! Thank you for being YOU! Never backing down when a chin was in need. I am thankful that you got to know the joys of being a Grandmother, and remember how excited you were! I will keep you in my prayers, and your family, and friends when they will surely miss you the most! God speed, and bless you always.

If a memorial fund hasn't been set up, perhaps those that know her causes nearest to her heart could pick one and set up a paypal account for us to all donate to.
I was one of those chin owners who needed a bopping a couple of times, and my boys are 6 years old because of the wisdom of this forum. I am saddened to hear this news. Cancer is such an awful thing for a family to go through. The hurt, and sometimes the joy when there is a good test result, but the lingering fear of when it will come back- not if, but when.
Godspeed Hedgemom- your wisdom has been missed here for a long time, but your words will be your legacy for those of us that were on CNQ.

Well. This has just left me totally speechless. I am so, so terribly sorry to hear. I don't think I am the only one who can say..Nancy was someone I looked up to, we didn't get off to the best start but somewhere along the line we managed to get on just fine. Hedgemom was there when to help me mentally whilst my Grandad was battling cancer too. She is probably one of the strongest ladies I know..and this is all from her great attitude from reading her posts and all she had to say. Gracias por todo!!! xxxxxxx

No; haven't heard anything. Though I'll admit my heart skipped a beat when the thread came back alive after being quiet for about a week.

Hedgemom, be strong. We're all sending good vibes your way.

Nancy lost her battle last night. :broken: She was a wonderful, caring person who was a wealth of knowledge and always fought for what was right. Nancy was never afraid to call a spade and spade and step up for the welfare of animals and people no matter where they were. I am happy that she is no longer in pain but sad to have lost such a wonderful friend. The world has been made a better place for having Nancy as a member of the human race.

Godspeed my friend.
candle.gif

Heaven has just gained a most wonderful angel. :angel9:

I was with my mom when she lost her battle with cancer. I pray Nancy had a peaceful passing. I'm so sad I never got to let Nancy know how much I appreciated her. I should of wrote her when she disappeared. Nancy, please look over my babies up there.

I am happy to know that Nancy now lives eternally and cancer FREE. My heart goes out to her friends and family who are broken hearted over losing her. Someday they will be with her again and what a joyous day that shall be!

I'm so sad to hear of Nancy's passing, but know that she is at peace and painfree. I think she'll be watching over all of us, making sure we are all doing our part in the welfare of animals.

Back