Prayers needed for HedgeMom

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

menagerie

Creative Genius
Many of you old timers will remember HedgeMom. She hasn't been on the forum for over a year but needs our prayers at this time. HM has been battling cancer for a while now and has been in hospice since January 4th. Please take a few moments pray for an easy release.

I have been sending prayers out to her all day Meanie. I just still can't seem to grasp that this is Nancy we're talking about.

I will pray for a peaceful and swift passing.

I too have been in shock since I found out yesterday.

I am lucky to be able to call HM a friend and to have known her. I owe getting off on the right foot with chins to HM. I had met her on a rat forum and when I heard I was going to need to take in some chins, I immediately contacted HM for help and advice.

In 2007 when she found out that we had wildfires in San Diego, she phoned me from Maryland to make sure I was OK and was out of danger. To make sure that I had an evacuation plan in place and money if I needed to get a hotel room.

Wow, I was wondering what had happened to her, poor Nancy. She and her family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

I came across a post of a "Hedgemom" on a message board in Sept stating she had a rare cancer that had very little treatment options, I at the time could not believe it was our Hedgemom, my prayers are with her.

I am sad to hear this news about Nancy--I pray she is not alone on her journey, and that soon she will be free from pain and forever cancer FREE

I have missed talking to Nancy. She was someone you could go to if you wanted the cold hearted truth--which I valued. When I had my hedgehogs she was always there for me. there were many times when her and I didn't agree but I always respected her, and enjoyed my long chats.

Nancy you are in my thoughts and prayers. I will be thinking of you.

I am in total shock. I have no words except that my prayers go out to her and her family.

Dear HM, If you're reading this, anyone who knows you knows that you shouldn't have made it this long, but you're just to stubborn to give in. You have made friends from enemies and angered a lot of bad chin owners... but you always held your ground, and tried to stand up for the animals that couldn't represent themselves whether people liked to hear what you had to say or not, you said it. The animals will be losing a brave friend.

Wishing you a swift and peaceful journey, and you are in our wishes from us here at Rivendell Chinchillas.

I too was in shock when she wrote me last week saying she was in hospice. I hadn't heard from her in a few months and a couple messages had gone unanswered so I was worried.

She and I were on chemo together last winter, the bald Nancy's. She sent me one of her knitted chemo caps and I sent her some of my sewn ones.

We butted heads many times but she was a friend and I'll miss her.

As always, I'm thinking of you Nancy. Hugs

Aw, I'm so sorry to hear that. She was quite a force of nature and I'm glad I did have the chance to read her posts. Here is her signature copied for those of you who never knew her. It sums up her spirit and caring pretty well.

Oh, I'm sorry you fed your poor dead chins licorice whips and strawberry ice cream! I'm SURE they were very happy up until the day they died. No, I don't think dying from GI stasis is painful. I'm SURE they didn't suffer and it's ok if you didn't take them to the vet because we all know that vets are TOO expensive and can't do anything anyway.

Back