Pet wish list?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pricklesnquills

I have recently been wanting several more animals. It got me thinking....what animals would you like to have that you don't currently have?

Here is part of my list =)

a chinny
a couple dwarf hamsters
a couple more ferrets
a pot belly pig
a fennec fox
a skunk
a couple of cockatiels

Yes, I know my list is long. But would I just love to have those animals. but my parents have put their foot down at 18 pets, so I guess I'm fortunate to have 18 lovely pets :) It may be a wise decision though....I'm not sure that I'd be able to give as much attention to my animals if I have more....

So...what would you like to have?

I am making plans to build an exotic pet outbuilding, which will house chinchillas, a hedgehog, sugar gliders, and probably cockatoos. That's as far as I've gotten so far. I have three cats. I want a dog but it will be in the house, probably a rescued greyhound. I tried bearded dragons, but they ended up not being as fun as I thought, so my brother took them.

African Grey Parrot
Hyacinth Macaw(most likely will never get anyway, but i wish!)
Skunk
Snake(either a ball(preferably pie bald, not like I can afford that one tho), or a king snake)
wolf (again, another won't have..but wish I could)

Here's my list...most of which I will probably never get, but it's nice to dream!
~ more chinnies!
~ great dane
~ chinese crested
~ ball python
~ tarantula
~ koi
~ goats
~ a nice big saltwater aquarium with seahorses
~ lovebirds

The number one animal I would love to have is a dog. My mom is not too fond of dogs, and we now live with my grandmother who is afraid of them...so having a dog is just a dream until I get a place of my own some day. :thumbsup:

* A normal or anery (black and gray) corn snake (hopefully this summer!)
* An ebony chinchilla
* My own dog (a Cardigan Welsh Corgi, rescued racing Greyhound or a Rottweiler/mix if we had the space)
* Leopard Gecko (more my boyfriend's interest than mine, but they're pretty cool)
* Crested Gecko
* Dart Poison frogs (in a tricked out planted terrarium with a water feature)

My current boyfriend is allergic, but if I ever get the chance, I'll definitely live with domestic cats again too. I miss being purred to sleep. :(

I want a giraffe. They are so graceful.

And to an above poster, it would be difficult to house both a chinchilla and hedgehog in the same room as their temperature requirements are quite different.

I want a cinnacot or an albino hedgie and a kitty. I'm SO allergic to cats, but I want one so badly. I also want a puppy, but Rob doesn't like dogs. I love puggles and Rob's cousin has a Chiwienie (chihuahua/dauchsund) or just a dauchsund.

My pet wish list.

-Fennec Fox (So cute)
-More chins.
-Sugar gliders.
-Sharks.
-Ball python.
-A big salt water aquarium.
-A maid to clean up after said animals.

I want another pug.
And a huge (like 6 feet long) vivarium with poison dart frogs. I took care of dart frogs at the aquarium I worked at and I miss the little buggers. I guess I'd settle for a smaller vivarium, but I would want it rather large. Making the vivarium is half the fun! I sold my last one I made since I had to move.
And more chinchillas.
And a horse or two. One would be an appaloosa for sure and maybe a paint.

Mine are all very realistic, I don't really want any exotics that I feel bad for them to be in captivity.

When Paul and I get a house and I have a "chin room" that I can keep blocked off, I would like to get a skunk. They are legal here, with permit, so I would love to have a chocolate(?) one.

I would also love to have a macaw.

If I had unlimited space, money and the desire to spend ALL of my time cleaning, I would have:

Parrotlets
Hamster(s)
A salt-water aquarium
A big aviary with different kinds of finches and canaries
A pug
More rabbits
More chinchillas
At least one more horse
A Bengal cat

However, I realize that in my current situation, I'm at my limit as far as animals are concerned. I had a hamster that died a couple of months ago and I'm not even getting a new hamster in the foreseeable future (and I LOVE hams).

I also didn't include livestock like the Babydoll sheep or the Jersey cattle I want to have someday, because I don't think of them as "pets" in the same way that I think of hamsters or dogs.

I don't really want any exotics that I feel bad for them to be in captivity.

I somewhat agree. If one is going to have an exotic, I think they need to provide an 'environment/habitat' for them. But, every animal starts out 'exotic' at one time. That said, some animals are more fit to be pets than others. Monkeys for example, while cute, are not fit to be pets...IMHO.

My wishlist seems so unexotic compared to all of yours, but nevertheless:

-A husky or husky mix (my brother-in-law has a husky/great dane cross, and he's the sweetest, most well-behaved dog I've ever met!)
-A mastiff, malamute, golden retriever, bernese mountain dog, boxer, great dane, great pyrenees, newfoundland, rottweiler or st. bernard. Any of the above, at any age. Can you tell I love giant dogs? I'm limiting myself to only two dogs though...
-a decent size freshwater aquarium. Simple to maintain but pretty.
-maybe, someday, another chin- we love just having our one but lets face it, these buggers are addicting.

Oh man this is like asking a kid what kind of candy he would want! The endless possibilities! LOL
I'd want the following

Chickens
Ducks
Big old mean Tom (Turkey)
minature horse
pygmy goat
Llama
2 nice riding horses. An appy, paint, or palomino
Maybe a Buffalo!

Yeah I'm strange. Good think I live in the city.

This is what I want:
-a Thoroughbred
-a blackbear hamster/a tortoiseshell teddybear hamster
-a pinto hedgehog
-a chocolate skunk

Aaaaaand a maid to clean up after the above animals (idea stolen from Tiffany, muhahahaha:laughitup:)

I am making plans to build an exotic pet outbuilding, which will house chinchillas, a hedgehog, sugar gliders, and probably cockatoos. That's as far as I've gotten so far. I have three cats. I want a dog but it will be in the house, probably a rescued greyhound. I tried bearded dragons, but they ended up not being as fun as I thought, so my brother took them.
I think you need to do a lot more research. You have animals in there that should not be housed in the same space because they need completely different temperature ranges.

Last edited:
I'm really happy and in love with the pets I have now. =)

Someday though I want a Dalmatian, a Bernese Mountain Dog and a Pitbull.
A Maine Coone or two.
A Savannah.
A camel.

I will be needing a ranch.

Latest posts

Back