Not been a good two days

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry to hear this dawn, he is surely not alone on that journey and over the rainbow bridge he plays with all the beloved pets that have gone before him.

I'm so sorry for your loss Dawn. Guido will be waiting for you on Rainbow bridge. RIP Guido :flowers7:

I am very sorry for your loss, Dawn.

RIP Guido.
candle.gif

Dawn, I'm so sorry to hear about Guido. I know that you must be devastated because your chins are like kids to you. Your chins are very lucky to have you and they are loved very much. I'm sure that he lived a good life but he will be missed. R.I.P. Guido

Dawn, I was very sad to be reading this thread at the beginning with Lu, let alone to read further along about Guido. Rest assured he is looking down on you and your chin family.

It's not easy finding a dead chin for reasons that don't make sense - I went through this Saturday with my sweet Kiki. Maybe they can be friends and wait for us. *hugs* hang in there!

Thank you everyone for the kind words and messeges. The vet left a message on my phone last night and she said she found a blood clot on his heart, in humans that would be indicative of a heart attack. She did not think is was a artifact of decomposition and all the other organs looked fine and did not recommend a full necropsy, felt the gross was enough to determine the cause of death. I never 100% believed the chinchilla sudden death, but the only symptoms I have racked my brain of is the initial post where it was thought he was having a seizure, the last week or so he seemed to tire more easily during play, I attributed to bordom and a strange symptom I thought was hiccups, a few days ago during play he sat up right, squeezed his eyes shut and seemed to contract his body, it went on for a couple of min until I picked him up and checked him over, he seemed fine. I have been worried about the rest since this was so sudden and fast, now I can rest easy the vet said the death would have happened in a couple of min and he would have not known what happeded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back