Not been a good two days

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Lu! I hope he starts eating on his own. He is really giving you a run for your money.

Lu is in holding pattern, not much different. He is eating a bit but not enough to not be handfed. No drool but some moisture on his lips and he is mouth swiping so I don't think whatever it is is all in his head. I cut him off of the evening meal a couple of nights ago and it did not increase his intake at all so I resumed handfeeding. He acts 100% normal otherwise and shows no signs on any pain and even with the increase in metecam dosage he still refuses to eat much. Dr. Nakamura said to wait a few more weeks to see what happens before he goes under again, his thinking is if he does not improve maybe whatever is bothering him will be more apparent as time goes by. My thinking is by then he will be 100% addicted to handfeeding since he is 90% addicted now.

Eek! I'm sorry Dawn. I hope they find out what it is soon. Sounds like Lu loves his one on one time with mom.

I'm so sorry Dawn, I know this isn't your first bout with teeth issues, but I can't imagine it ever gets any easier. Hang in there, lots of good thoughts for Lu!

Right now its like, it does not bother me to feed, it does not bother Lu to be fed and it does not bother the vets I am feeding, its like I am spinning my wheels but there is not much else to do at this point, he seems comfortable so we just carry on for now and re-look at it in a few weeks.

Been there .... done that .... twiddled my thumbs ..... chins can be very frustrating at times. :nah:

Fingers crossed Lu starts munching for himself.

So I made another appointment for him on Feb 28th with the Dentist again, he is still exactly the same, no worse no better but I need answers so hopefully in 4 weeks whatever there is will show up.

I am devestated, I woke up to find Guido had passed away last night. Played fine last night, food missing from the bowl, cage was just cleaned and there was poo, new chew sticks chewed. I took him in for a necropsy and cremation. I don't know how much more I can take, RIP Guido my snuggle muffin.

OMG! Dawn I am so so sorry. RIP sweet Guido. ((Big hugs)) I am in tears just thinking about your loss and how much you are going through with Lu. Guido loved you very much and he is watching over you and his brothers and sister.

Oh Dawn, I'm so sorry to read this! Hopefully the necropsy will give you some answers. RIP Guido.

I am so sorry Dawn. After all you have been going thru with Lu......
I honestly dont know what to say except that I am so so sorry. :(

RIP Guido. I am so sorry for your loss, Dawn. Paws crossed for Lu's next vet appt. to be good news.

I'm really sorry to read the sad news of Guido's death. Hopefully the necropsy will provide some answers.
Sending hugs your way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back