No one posting Z babies yet?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had one I thought was going to go soon... but then she stood up last night and I realized she wasn't pregnant... she was just a huge chin... lmao.

But don't worry, the days not over!

I am waiting on one I thought was going to have them yesterday...still waiting. She is huge and can barely move lol. Her mate was wagging his tail at her last night He was being so obnoxious I pulled him so maybe later today. poor girl has gained close to 200 grams

people will probably laugh at me, but what does the x... or z.... Like Z14 whats the 14 and whats the Z.

:useless:

I know you guys don't post many pictures, but come on - the new year?? Please!?!?!

I've got a couple cooking, was hoping for one to pop yesterday but she should go any day now. Expecting a couple other moms to go later this week as well.

Shubbles - Every year is assigned a different letter (though some letters aren't used) to identify kits. 2010 is the Z year, last year was the X year. The numbers behind the letters tell the order in which the kit was born. Jags had 14 kits born yesterday which brought them up to Z14, so the next kit (probably born today) will be JAGS Z15 and on up.

people will probably laugh at me, but what does the x... or z.... Like Z14 whats the 14 and whats the Z.

Its how breeders keep track of litters - Z is the letter for this year. X was last year. Some letters aren't used because they look like numbers. 14 is the number of the kit born. So the first kit of the year for a breeder is Z1. The second is Z2, etc.

ohhhh ok that makes sense. I've seen that on a lot of posts and i was so confused. You had 14 kits born yesterday. That seems like alot of kits, but i'm not sure.

They've only got a couple thousand adults - kits happen everyday!

I've got a Z1! Isn't cleaning cages fun? You never know what you'll find!

I standard FEMALE! Oddly enough this girl had a still born about 3-4 weeks ago... I'm guessing a double pregnancy, I always new she was a floozey... that's actually why she's with this male! LOL

No Rich we only have 750 females in breeding. Not thousands! And some days we do not have kits for a couple of days in a row but then have days like yesterday and one day last year we had 28 for the day.

I ended up with two lives and one still born. I have another two stacks left, but I'm not expecting anything in there...

14 kits in one day?

14 is the most kits I've had born in one YEAR! lol

I think I'll have maybe on litter this month.

are you serious. 750 thats MASSIVE. do you keep them in a barn or something. When i saw 999 chinchillas by your name, i thought you were jokin',i guess not!

So if this year is the letter Z will next year go back to being A? Confusing to me. That's why I have no interest in breeding... Leaving that up to the pros...

Yes, next year starts over. Shubbles, yes they are in a barn. Otherwise, they would have to have a huggggeeeeeee house!

Back