Nashville flooding

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VolunteerChin22

I <3 dustbunnies
It has been a very intense 48hours here in Nashville...I am safe, no water near our house (Thank God!) and no tornado touchdowns here. I had closets cleared and ready to throw chins in carrier though. 5 people have died in flashfloods and authorities have performed over 150 water rescues (mostly from idiots that wouldnt stay off the roads).

Check out this video of INTERSTATE 24...yes interstate. This area is about 10 miles or less from my house.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHuMn1AVRDg

:err:

Oye, that's just nasty. I can't believe that guy was just walking across the bridge, and there is this huge freaking leak in the 2 foot thick cement.............

Sorry girl, but I'm sooo glad this crap stayed south of here! We've got enough without that major flooding. Got 3" of rain yesterday - expected to get 3 more inches of rain before today's over. Was traipsing around out in it all day yesterday - NO fun!

How did that many people get caught off guard on the freeway?
You haven't seen rain until you've seen it in the south. Can't even describe it.

Holy crap on that house trucking down the river then getting crushed....

Wondered why the rivers here were at flood stage and we haven't had that much rain. Been working on house projects all weekend and hadn't seen the news until now.

I think that many people got stuck because being an interstate so many people are traveling from out of the area and don't know what is happening. I mean 13 inches of rain fell within 48hrs...you can't prepare for that. I have an antique milk can, if you know what that is (bout 2.5ft tall), on my front porch and it is FULL to the brim of water. National weather service says thats more rain for Nashville than ever before in the history of keeping track of rain falls. We obliterated the previous record from '79.

They have now preformed over 600 water rescues, 27k people without power, and declared a state of emergency. We are about to get a break but there is another patch of thunderstorms to come probably in the next 2 hours or so :(

ETA: I just watched that video again and there is someone stranded in one of the semis - he opens the door and then shuts it again:wacko: I would be freaking out!!!

Last edited:
Oh my goodness I haven't seen anything like that before. Seems like everyone is getting nasty weather. Scott was in touch with family all weekend from Little Rock since they had some crazy storms. Something like 20 tornadoes touched down in the area. Scary as all heck!!

This is absolutely crazy. I have never seen anything like this. Thank goodness the Cumberland River has finally crested. 52 feet above flood stage.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/yahooeditorspicks/galleries/72157623858733433/

One of my coworkers said he went down to see the river flooding the downtown area and a coffin floated by him. Eew.

10 people have died in our county. One of my coworkers has probably lost everything in her home to complete flooding - its up to her roofline. We are down to one water treatment plant for nashville the Opryland hotel and Opry Mills are under about 12 feet of water.

OMG they just announced the Grand Old Opry stage is under water - they have lost all of that original stage.

Such a shame. Man. I can't believe this.

Jeeze, that is nuts. I've barely been home since Friday morning, and had no clue what was going on ANYWHERE. Just crazy... I hope things start clearing up.

Latest posts

Back