My wedding Items

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I had to submit my engagement announcement to the paper myself.... it has been 7 months and the step mom and my dad just have not done it. When I asked about it, she said she didnt even have the email I sent her with the picture and all...... I was going to do it myself anyway, but they offered.... guess I should have just done it myself from the start.

I also emailed the dress maker, and asked about a custom dress, I dont know if I like the satin the dress I like comes in.... I want a tulle covered dress with a very puffy fluffy skirt. :D

Oh, Tara, I'm sorry. You know the old adage, "If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself". Be strong, my friend.

I went to a bridal expo today!!

Here are the things I got, as samples besides the good cake and food I got!!

The first is a couple of stress dolls lol! They are to squeeze! The glas is filled with candies and then just my name tag and lanyard for the expo.

Attachments

• Imported Photos 00033.jpg
    Imported Photos 00033.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 96
  • Imported Photos 00029.jpg
    Imported Photos 00029.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 94
  • Imported Photos 00030.jpg
    Imported Photos 00030.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 91
  • Imported Photos 00031.jpg
    Imported Photos 00031.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 97
  • Imported Photos 00034.jpg
    Imported Photos 00034.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 96
LOL you seen him in it. That picture was from when we were in paradise, aka Arizona. I miss it there....

As someone who just recently got married, I completely understand the stress of organizing and disappointment from the lack of help. However, in all honesty, the Mr and I preferred doing everything ourselves, so we did not have to consult the family, depend on their deadlines, etc. Shortly, we did it Our waaaaaaaaaaaay ;D
I think that if you can see things in that light, you may feel better. Also, realizing that family is not necessarily as excited as you would wish them to be is a reality.
I love your wedding collection already. I did quite a bit of crafts myself, including the bouquet, decor, invites, thank you cards, etc and it was alot of work (though hubby did help with the paper crafts). Because our wedding was not exactly traditional (I wore red, we had a civil ceremony performed by a friend, I did not change my name...) , I also founds some great advice on OffbeatBrideTribe forums: http://offbeatbride.ning.com/
Good luck and use those dolls as needed ;)
Sanja

LOL it would help if they were excited at all. But they would rather focus on the knocked up one and the bad boy trying to turn his life around. I guess I am always and will always be bitter. I grew up like this, I should be used to being left behind, like I am the blacksheep. Aparently doing right in my family is frowned upon....

But thank you none the less for the advice :D

I dont know that I want there help, they offered to pay for whatever hall I wanted, but trying to get them to rent it is the proble, so I decided just to do it myself anyway. If they want to give the money back to me, then so be it. Only time will tell what they want to be included in.

I feel like a creep I've read just about every post in this thread... sigh.

Any who, I attended 8 weddings this summer :wacko: and I still have three more to go. My most very favorite one was our old farm hand Tim, him and his now wife had made almost everything them selves. They used canning jars and glued lace or ribbon to the jar and put fresh flowers in and every jar different. Also they used rocks in little circular vases, like ones that you can buy for fish tanks just the plain old grey and what not ones; she had it set up two different ways one was where she put the rocks on the very bottom so there was a decent layer, filled it with water then picked some long grass snipped the ends so the roots or brown parts weren't showing rolled it up so it made a circle and put it in the vase so it was circling around it, then topped it off with a white candle. I hope that made as much sense to you as it did to me. The other way she did it was where they just put a good layer of rocks a white tea candle on top of it and let it burned, when it melted it looked really neat, but the glass got really hot so potential fire hazard there. ^.^;

At my uncles wedding they used the same basic small round vases put the color scheme of the wedding ribbon around it, with little gold fish inside for people to take home, I brought two home :D! I thought it was neat and I had never seen any one do it before.

Just some suggestions hope they help!

Back