My wedding Items

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InkedupTara

Do the chinny shuffle!
I wanted to share some of the things I have collected for my wedding, since my own family is too occupied to be happy for me:hair:

Its the boutinnere's, the bridesmaid and maid of honor flowers, they are felt and buttons :D

Shoes from my step mom and Dads wedding, that I will dye in royal blue. The glass box is a hand made etched with our details glass box, for the wedding cards at the reception. The cake topper is the bride dragging the groom.

Attachments

• mail 332.jpg
    mail 332.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 166
  • Mail 256.jpg
    Mail 256.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 171
  • bride-dragging-groom2.jpg
    bride-dragging-groom2.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 154
  • wedding ideas 001.jpg
    wedding ideas 001.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 143
  • medrectcardseng.jpg
    medrectcardseng.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 153
Very cool! Did you make the boutineers and bouquet yourself or buy them off of Etsy or someplace similar? I know I've seen things like that on there.

And when is your wedding again? Mine is next month!

Congrats to you both! I remember planning for mine last year, at the end of it I was soooo stressed out I did want to yank out my hair, but it was soooo worth it when it happened, it was perfect! :)

okay I do so love the cake topper!!! lol! I just know as much as you go to bed at night thanking God for Paul--he wakes up everyday and knows he is the luckiest man alive to have you and then he probably wonders how he pulled it off!

Very cool! Did you make the boutineers and bouquet yourself or buy them off of Etsy or someplace similar? I know I've seen things like that on there.

And when is your wedding again? Mine is next month!

I got them on Etsy. I am not that crafty although I am jealous in a nice way, of the ones who are.

My wedding is next October, but I am a planner, meaning I have to have it all planned now, so I dont stress over anything later. I try to buy things here and there, so I can save up for the hall andall the larger expenses I will have to fork out.

Good luck on your wedding, my date is 10/15/2011

okay I do so love the cake topper!!! lol! I just know as much as you go to bed at night thanking God for Paul--he wakes up everyday and knows he is the luckiest man alive to have you and then he probably wonders how he pulled it off!

Awe thank you Laurie!! Leni, thank you too! I hope it isnt that stressful since I am starting early!

Haha the earlier you start the better. I've known my husband since we were 14 and we were engaged for almost 3 years so yeah, lots of planning was involved. I just happened to be working a very stressful job at the time so it was adding to it, and my family was driving me nuts! lol but I'm sure you will be fine. I love the cake topper, I considered getting that one myself hehe.

I have a serving set that is double hearts with crystals. It was from my wedding, used it once ( for the wedding ) and has been sitting in the box waiting to be used.

If you would like them, they are yours free if you pay shipping, but... they will come with a note, and you must add to the note, and regift them when you are done. This was the same deal I made of my wedding dress, it's now graced at least two other brides that I know of... I can get you a picture if you'd like, they came from things remembered, but they no longer carry that one as I couldn't find the photo on the site.

Nice!!! There's your "Something Borrowed"!!! :thumbsup:

Tara, your CnH and CnF friends will be HAPPY to be excited for your wedding preparations!!!

Thanks Lynn! I am just so depressed about my wedding not being front and center for them, but oh well. Maybe next year when the plans are all made and they are not included in planning, they will be sorry.

It's great that you have the time to plan everything just-so to your liking, Tara, as it should be. I can tell you have put a lot of thought into planning your wedding, and I expect it to be an incredibly beautiful and memorable day for you. My wedding was planned within 3 months time, and it became stressful and rushed to get it all planned. I wish I had set the date out further to create a more memorable day. I love your ideas! Can't wait to see the photos of the actual day!

This is my necklace, handmade on Etsy, and then the hair I like and the wine flutes I like.

Attachments

• il_430xN_119154406.jpg
    il_430xN_119154406.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 113
  • large_image.jpg
    large_image.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 106
  • WS8544.jpg
    WS8544.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 101
do you need anything else? I can see what I have here from my wedding it is all just stuffed away

OOOh! Im not sure! LOL I have the guest book, no pen. I am not sure what I really need past what I have, tips, advice??? please lol :D

Tara, I think it's great that you are making your plans and getting the things you need now as well. My bouquet and a few other wedding items were made out of Masapán and made in Ecuador. They barely made it in time for my wedding. What I didn't plan on was that the bouquet was huge and heavy and we still had to add the fresh white roses to it. All of the items you picked are very cool! :thumbsup:

Pen: Think about a nice Cross etc. one that you'd like to use yourself later. :D It will be a nice reminder of happy things when you're signing rent checks, etc. (Since your wedding is blue and silver: http://www.cross.com/Catalog/Produc...8FC51317D95CEDCDB1AE75A20CC&id=AT0422-3(Cross) ) You can also have them engraved with the date, your names, etc.

Also, if you don't already have one, a good planner (the book kind, not the human) can save SO MUCH FUSS! The last wedding I was in was 'organized' in a couple of spiral notebooks. 45 minutes before the ceremony, I found out the seating was completely borked b/c somebody couldn't read the chart, the tables were laid out completely backward, and we had a last minute scramble to put people where they'd be comfortable. You will end up with help eventually, whether it's from family or from friends realizing "Crap, she needs us!". Communication becomes SO important in those last few days before the Big Day. :D

Last edited:
Family shmamily, don't worry about 'em. WOOT!! You're getting married!!! I'm sure everyone here has enough excitement to spread around, easy (like Lynn said).

All of those things you pictured look unique and pretty and cool. I love the felt and button flowers and the hair!!!

The last wedding I went to my friend (the bride) and her new husband entered the reception to "Eye of the Tiger", it was actually pretty funny. The groom is a big 80's music fan...

The thing my friend seemed to appreciate most was how great the photographer was. Although, when we all arrived at the reception hall the whole party spent so long taking pictures and I could tell the bride and groom were getting pretty tired. But the pictures came out amazing.

I saw my dad dance at that wedding. My mom, too but that I could handle. My dad, on the other hand---have you ever seen a child learn how to stand and then try to walk but they realize the only thing they can do is bend their knees and kind of wobble in place? I will never forget that image.

I'm SO excited for you! Everything you have chosen is great. You are going to have an amazing wedding.

Back