my other pet hobby! (frogs)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

timber

hey guys i envy all the breeders of chins that have 20-50 and more, i wish i had the room. but for about 5 years i have been breeding poison dart frogs. i have over 200 and they take up alot less room lol. here are som pics
fireyellow-1.jpg

niagarafalls07001.jpg

I love poison dart frogs! I am a frog addict myself..at one time I had 3 white's tree frogs, an australian painted frog, and a huge pacman frog. Those tadpoles look so cool!

I love poison dart frogs! I am a frog addict myself..at one time I had 3 white's tree frogs, an australian painted frog, and a huge pacman frog. Those tadpoles look so cool!

packman frogs are so funny lol. i had one that ate big fish! he was like a softball

OMG, I'm a HUGE frog nut! I collect everything frogs, but dont have any pet frogs yet.

They are sooo cute and I LOVE the colors!

started as a hobby and turned small buisness as most of my hobbies do lol. the babies range 50-200$ and you saw how many i had lol

wow they are pretty!

This may seem dumb, i don't know anything about frogs, but do you have to wear gloves or anything to handle them? Poisonous right? Or is it too little to matter?

in captivity they loose their toxins, they get toxins from a certain bug that gets pollen from a native plant. so when born are non-toxic. i do however have imports on occasion that i dont really handle for a few months.

wow they are pretty!

This may seem dumb, i don't know anything about frogs, but do you have to wear gloves or anything to handle them? Poisonous right? Or is it too little to matter?

Awesome! I love poison dart frogs!!!

I worked at an aquarium and took care of all the animals in the Amazon exhibit so I got to make vivariums and take care of the frogs. When I worked there we just had Azureus and Leucomelas though.

I was going to make my own viv for at home but then moved and just didn't have the time for it.

Some day I'd love to make more vivs and especially a large one that would be housed in the wall with a water feature. I think making the vivs is half the fun!

When I went to get the Azureus, we got them from the Como Zoo in Minnesota so I got to go behind the scenes and see their breeding room, it was really interesting!

I miss taking care of the little guys!
PICT1082.jpg

Latest posts

Back