My Mocha Pants

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sasha

Mmm Helicobacter pylori..
I cannot believe I am posting in this section... it makes it all the more real...

Last night I found that Mocha had passed away at the bottom of his and Latte's cage. No signs of trauma.. no nothing. I was in shock, I couldn't move, I couldn't cry... my brother had to come downstairs and help me with him because I just couldn't believe it.
Mocha was so full of personality. He was the third chinchilla out of my 12. Him and Latte have been together since July 07 and have been best buds ever since. I always called Mocha the little brother - he was so mischievous. I'd give both Mocha and Latte treats, but Mocha had to take Latte's. He was like the sidekick to the older guy, always following him around and taking his stuff and doing what he was doing. And another thing Mocha loved to do was eat. He was such a chunky monkey and always eating. One of my chins that would "sleep eat" on a regular basis. But boy those two were disasterous together! They could make such a mess. Every week their cages took a good 10-15 minutes longer to clean because these two monsters were so messy.
Mocha also didn't mind being held... We could have him out on the couch with us and not be afraid he was going to take off. He was a well-mannered boy, a loving boy... a boy I'm going to miss so much. It's been years, 5 years to be exact, since I lost my very first chinchilla. I had forgotten the pain, the devastation. I had fogotten what it was like to lose an extremely loved furred one.
I still remember the day Scott, mom and I drove an hour to go pick up Mocha and Latte at the airport... it was a windy day but I was so excited. They were my first ever chinchilla pair.
Latte's been moping... its so sad to see. He just sits in the top corner of his cage... He did come down for some hay, accepted a rosehip and some apple wood.. But I can tell he's lonely and wondering where his buddy went.
I love you, my Mocha. Scott and Latte love you too, so much. We will miss you, my fluffy Mocha pants...... Rest peacefully my beautiful boy.

Latte (left) with his buddy, Mocha (right)
2007_11260012-1.jpg

Sashaschins009.jpg

mochaplaying.jpg

2008_0104cage0001.jpg

I'm so sorry Sash. He was a lovely, squishy boy. :(

Sasha, I'm so sorry for your loss! I know how much your boys mean to you. He was very loved by you Sasha and he left this world to go to another one knowing that. I do know someday you will be together again over the rainbow bridge.
RIP sweet Mocha!

Dear Sasha, I am so very sorry about the loss of your little Mocha. How lucky he was to have spent his life so loved and cared for by you. He lived his life in love and peace and lives so now too. Rest well Sasha.

Sasha, I love all of your babies. Sorry for your loss and XOXO to you and Latte...

Back