My big news..

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congraulations! I've been married a year and a half, and I my one piece of advice would be to enjoy the engaged time for awhile and don't think one bit about wedding planning. It can be very stressful, and you should enjoy the fun, engaged time for as long as possible.

That said, I totally disagree with Jade. It is very easy to have a low-cost wedding if that's what you want. My beautiful wedding dress was only $60, we did our own wedding invites for less than $50 and people commented that they had no idea we had made them (when we told them). We did a normal dinner at a restaurant that was excellent and way cheaper than yucky catered wedding food. You just have to be determined to not get sucked into everyone saying "you have to do XYZ" and you'll be fine!

Congraulations! I've been married a year and a half, and I my one piece of advice would be to enjoy the engaged time for awhile and don't think one bit about wedding planning. It can be very stressful, and you should enjoy the fun, engaged time for as long as possible.

That said, I totally disagree with Jade. It is very easy to have a low-cost wedding if that's what you want. My beautiful wedding dress was only $60, we did our own wedding invites for less than $50 and people commented that they had no idea we had made them (when we told them). We did a normal dinner at a restaurant that was excellent and way cheaper than yucky catered wedding food. You just have to be determined to not get sucked into everyone saying "you have to do XYZ" and you'll be fine!

I suppose we didn't try too hard to have a low cost wedding. We tried to cut back on things like invitations but not too much else. You can have an inexpensive beautiful wedding. We got lucky in that we didn't pay anything for the church/ceremony.

I agree that you should enjoy your engaged time. We didn't get to do much of that. He proposed after I graduated from basic training and when I got home from AIT, we (mostly he) went into wedding planning mode because we were possibly moving across the country but would get married in my hometown. I would have enjoyed being engaged a little longer...

Oh yeah, I plan on enjoying this, not getting all crazy and stressed out. We haven't even picked a date, and won't until I see him next probably in 2 weeks.

He's really good at negotiating prices and things, so I know if I want to book something, I'll have him with me to talk over prices to save some money.

I really think it's best to try and save money if you can, and then have whatever's left over after to save for a house or other furniture and things.

CONGRATS! I wish you two the best!!!

I got married in June 2008. It is relatively easy to have an inexpensive wedding, especially if you are bargain shopper. The total of everything for my wedding was close to 3000.00. My mom had to talk me into spending some money because I just wanted it to be simple. LOL! I know that I saved quite a bit of money. And if you start picking up things now, you will not have to pay a huge chunk of change at one time. I did a little shopping everytime that I got paid. Much easier that way!

Congrats! The ring is beautiful! I love yellow gold, and simple rings.

Man! I'm gone for a week and look what I miss out on! Congratulations Allison! You do look SO happy and you're ring is gorgeous!

ahhhhhh im so happy for you! congrats! and i love the ring, simple and stunning!

have fun and be happy! no bridezillas!

Back