Mason, The Bunneh

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well your thread settles everything now. When I retired I had planned on getting one last pet due to our ages and being fair. My husband and I talked about the great dane because we love them so much and know they are the right "fit" for us. Sadly they are not long lived. But we know that. Funny how you start to think of age and the ability to care for animals and have the strength to care for them. Not that we are ancient :hilarious:, but we want to be able to do some traveling and get up and go on the Harley ect.

Well I can see now that I am going for a bunny. I had one as a very long time ago. His name was Oscar and we had to keep him at my grandparents house outdoors. My father found him under a car and my brother and I did a con job on our parents to keep him. After seeing your spoiled rotten bun........I can see myself retired around the house with another rabbit in my life.

Your bunny is sooooooo darned funny. I just love all those pictures!!!!! If I didn't know any better I would say he and my cat WB ( Walnut Brain for short) are brothers. WB is 13 and lives in his own little world. He only loves us. He hates everyone else and if you wanted to cut those nails you had better have a life insurance policy. :rofl: But we wouldn't trade him for nothing. WB was thrown into a box at birth with his brother and sister and left at the pound steps on a closed Sunday. I just happened to find them and took them home. Or they would of been dead within an hour in the hot sun covered up and it was 97 degrees.

Great Danes and Rabbits live about the same amount of time actually. I love them both, Great Danes are really horses in dog costumes, did you know that? I completely understand about not wanting to be tied down by animals. My parents are at the same point in their life. If they want to fly back east in autumn for a trip, they don't want to have to worry about finding a dog sitter and leaving the dog behind. Even now I'm struggling with the number of animals I have because I moved to Texas and for X-Mas, I'm driving home in my Jetta with my dog, 3 chins, rabbit, and boyfriend. This is going to be interesting :p

Rabbits are really great, Mason is my one and only and he's quite the character. For a long time I didn't feel bonded to him because he was living in the garage. I didn't want to play with him much out there. Then I moved him outside and the same thing happened. I felt terrible that I wasn't spending enough time with it, so I built a C&C cage and moved him in. Best decision ever. He's easier to care for now and I never have to stress about the weather and how it affects him. He's litter box trained and his cage is so easy to clean.

:rofl: Who knows, maybe they are related!

How sad. Humans can be so evil. First off to let their cat get pregnant in the first place (knowing the population problem), then drop them off like garbage. I wish we had more responsible animal lovers in this world :) I'm so glad you found the cats!

I was browsing my subscriptions and found this old thread. I thought I'd bump it and add some newer, better quality photos of Mason.

IMG_6547-1.jpg

IMG_5879-1.jpg

IMG_7947-1.jpg

IMG_8082.jpg

I love my bunny so much. He's been through a lot over the last year medically. He had a clogged tear duct and stasis, both required a lot of time at the vet and $$$. He's all better now though and very happy. :D

I loved viewing all your pics! Your bunny is so adorable and looks like he is so much fun! I'm so sorry he got sick, but thrilled to hear he is better now. He sounds like quite the fighter. His pics with your dog and his sleeping pics are too cute!

Another Bunny Lover Here

OMG!!! I need to keep these pics for ever!!! He is soooooooooooo cuteeeeee! OMG! I have four bunnies, too. My fav is Fabrizio... I saved him from a farmer in northern Maryland one day before he was to be sold in a meat market. I found him on Craigslist one day, and I inquire about him, but didn't receive any answer. The post was taken off. I looked for him and found another ad about him on a Homestead.com (yes, I am a member now). He is about 3 and 1/2 years old. He is an angora bunny, and that kind only lives about 5-6 years, I think. So, I really really want to give him a good life. Here he is.
I really love your bunny!!!!! PLEASE POST MORE PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Fab_1[1].jpg
    Fab_1[1].jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 123
  • Fab_2.jpg
    Fab_2.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 110
  • Fab_3.jpg
    Fab_3.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 111
  • Fab_4.jpg
    Fab_4.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 117
  • Fab_6.jpg
    Fab_6.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
I loved viewing all your pics! Your bunny is so adorable and looks like he is so much fun! I'm so sorry he got sick, but thrilled to hear he is better now. He sounds like quite the fighter. His pics with your dog and his sleeping pics are too cute!

Thank You! He's a fighter... and VERY stubborn. :rofl: I love my stubborn bun.

OMG!!! I need to keep these pics for ever!!! He is soooooooooooo cuteeeeee! OMG! I have four bunnies, too. My fav is Fabrizio... I saved him from a farmer in northern Maryland one day before he was to be sold in a meat market. I found him on Craigslist one day, and I inquire about him, but didn't receive any answer. The post was taken off. I looked for him and found another ad about him on a Homestead.com (yes, I am a member now). He is about 3 and 1/2 years old. He is an angora bunny, and that kind only lives about 5-6 years, I think. So, I really really want to give him a good life. Here he is.
I really love your bunny!!!!! PLEASE POST MORE PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fab is soooooooooo cute!!! Do you have any pictures of your other 3?

I'll try to track down more pictures of Mason :D

IMG_6555-1.jpg

IMG_6702-1.jpg

IMG_6548-1.jpg

^^ Mid-lick

And this bunny refused to eat hay for YEARS. I couldn't figure out why. One day I found bugs in his food and didn't have access to his brand, so I had to switch to Oxbow. Oddly enough, he suddenly started eating hay after the switch. I caught him in the act to show my vet when he started eating it again (he refused it while staying at the vet, they thought I was making it up that he didn't like hay or something).

IMG_6806-1.jpg

Oh my goodness. Your bunny has so much character. I love each and every picture. Thank you so much. I am so glad that the two of you have each other.

He is a very lucky bunny to get healthy twice. :wave4:

She is adorable. I want to snuggle with him. He's lucky to have such a good mommy.

LOVE your Great Dane. Dane's are my dream dog.

Oh my gosh it's Mason again. Lord he's a doll! I love the sleeping pictures. Thanks for posting. He's so darned cute.

Hi again!!! How is Mason doing? Are there any more pix???? Since you asked, I am putting up pix of my bunnies, including Fabrizio. From Left, Fabrizio (angora male about 4 yrs old), Davide (angora male about 1yr old), Leona (lionhead rabbit female about 1 yr and 1/2 old), and Giselle (Davide's sister, angora 1 yr old).

Attachments

• Fab and Davide.jpg
    Fab and Davide.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 101
  • Leona.jpg
    Leona.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 108
  • Geselle.jpg
    Geselle.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Mason is good. I only have 1 new picture of him :D Took it this morning. He's really hard to get pictures of because he doesn't stay still when he's out in the light.

Your buns are sooooooooooooooo cute! My boyfriend said the same thing.

Attachments

• IMG_8181.JPG
    IMG_8181.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 103
I love Mason. GIVE HIM TO MEEEEEEE! Mason, Mason, Mason!!! Post more pix please! OR make an album of Mason, so I can have a look at all the Mason pics.

Latest posts

Back