Kit Born with no Veiling?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We'll see how she grows out. Her fur feels very coarse and wiry right now. It isn't the soft fluffy baby fur I'm used to in my kits. Either way, I'm glad she is doing well. She's so funny to watch, speeding around the cage.

I don't know about the wiry hair, but it looks like she's totally out of prime to me.
Look familiar? I had one born too! Funny texture, but not so wirey though.
mysterykit1.jpg

Eventually she evened out some. She was still not in prime at this picture though, but you can see her veiling is coming in. She is out of a white so that explains her lighter color, she looks better now than she does in this photo yet. If I think about it I'll get a photo of her when I go out to the barn later.

"Ehhh... I ate too much" Yea... she's a chunker.
x62.jpg

Mousey is so dang cute and sooo silly. She has such a cute face although her fur still looks the same. Here are some updated pictures and a VIDEO of her while she was running around. She gets around well but still drags the back legs a bit sometimes. (Oh, and ignore the dialogue with my mom who was worrying about her peeing on the carpet and the temperature of the house, lol)

VIDEO: http://s124.photobucket.com/albums/p20/chinchillachateau/?action=view&current=100_4047.mp4

Here are updated pictures of her. She's now 2 1/2 weeks.

100_4029.jpg

Light and dark sisters

100_4035.jpg

Side view

100_4040.jpg

Wook at that wittle face! :)

Adding this picture just because it's cute, although blurry
100_4044.jpg

Last edited:
Sumiko first let me say Mousey is adorable! I have a little boy here who looks similar. He was very small at birth he gained weight very slowly though. In the last month has put on over 130 grams at 415g. Here is a pic of PJ, the pic was taking about a month ago. By the way PJ is 6 months old now.

089.jpg

Awww, PJ's so little! I can't believe that picture of him is at 5 months old - he looks so much younger!

Well, Mousey is growing like a weed and is now bigger than her sister, although her tail is still thinner. Here are some pictures of her from today at 4 1/2 weeks of age. The bottom pic is with flash:

100_4167.jpg

100_4168.jpg

She's soooo adorable and so silly. She always wants to come out and play and just looooves attention.

Back