It's a....

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not necessarily minrex, as there is a window of time before and after ovulation in which a couple can be 'busy', lol, and still conceive. sperm will stay alive long enough after the fun, until ovulation happens (the before window). or the ovum will stay fertile long enough for fertilization (the after window). i don't recall the time lengths exactly, but i think it's at least a week.

:hair: <--- This is what I have to say right now about the munchkin! It had a growth spurt, which has knocked it back up above the "too small" issue... This is all fine and dandy, but I had started paperwork rolling for my maternity leave at 37 weeks... So now, I have to wait 2 weeks, see if the kid keeps growing steadily or if it drops again. If the weight gain doesn't increase to keep it above 10th percentile, I'll still be induced at 37 weeks, however if gain keeps steady, I have to re-do my maternity leave... This is getting stressful!

ah, kids. they love to mess with you even before they pop out into this world, lol!

hope all goes well Ash, and baby continues to grow nicely. :))

I hope baby continues to grow. Even though its a pita to do paperwork, the longer baby bakes the better! Love that ultrasound picture!

Thanks Liz! We were hoping on waiting another few years, but oh well... haha. I'll let you guys know what's up for sure in two weeks!

Ash, sorry, I'm confused. If baby stays small, then you get induced at 37 weeks? Why not let baby stay longer so there is more growth?

not necessarily minrex, as there is a window of time before and after ovulation in which a couple can be 'busy', lol, and still conceive. sperm will stay alive long enough after the fun, until ovulation happens (the before window). or the ovum will stay fertile long enough for fertilization (the after window). i don't recall the time lengths exactly, but i think it's at least a week.

Getting "busy" sooner wouldn't have changed when she ovulated though, since, you know, humans aren't induced ovulators.

Ash, sorry, I'm confused. If baby stays small, then you get induced at 37 weeks? Why not let baby stay longer so there is more growth?

Because the risk is that the placenta or umbilical cord isn't working right, in which case, it's better to get the baby out to where it can get nutrition properly and steadily.

ok, I understand then. You realize that this child is going to be a handful, don't you?! lol. He/she is already messing with you!

I knew it was going to be a handful the minute I found out I was pregnant... it's keith's child! Haha

Uh.... We'll see about that :neener: I hate taking pics of myself. On a good note, though, the munchkin decided to have a growth spurt and finally start growing at a steady rate. So as long as this holds up when I go back in 2 weeks, we're looking at a "whenever" mentality of when the kiddo shall get here! Cross your fingers!

35 weeks down. 35 days to go!

Someone tell me where this baby is gonna "drop" to? It hangs out pretty low to begin with...
IMG_20110501_112248.jpg

IMG_20110501_112304.jpg

Cute! And one day fairly soon when he moves down, it will feel like a bowling ball between your legs. THATS how you know he dropped. Although, I hear it happens earlier with each pregnancy. Joy oh joy. lol

It's amazing what you can do and see with todays technology. It's like you can literally just look at them.

You look great, how are you feeling? Getting close to the due date :)). Has pregnancy been easy for you or more of a nightmare?

Back