I want my ten dollars and two hours back

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca

That one bookworm girl...
I just got back from seeing Orphan and it was awful. The two types of horror movie I stay away from because they terrify me: ones where a little girl is the creepy killer and Nightmare on Elm Street. While clearly not Nightmare on Elm Street, this movie does fall into the first category. I am now sitting in my room, alone, with the door and mirror both open, and I can honestly say I am just about as scared as I would be had I just seen Winnie the Pooh. The basic premise had decent potential, but the execution was just terrible, from the lack of plot development to the overused visual and audial effects.

I want my ten dollars and two hours back. This is a thread for movies that made you say that.

Oh, there are so many!

The Cabin
Telladega Nights
Elf (Pretty much anything with that idiot Will Ferrell in it)
The Grudge (yaaaaaaaaaaawn)
Dodgeball (again, pretty much anything with Ben Stiller in it)
Blair Witch Project
The Hills Have Eyes
The Wedding Crashers
The Hangover (duuuuumb)
Alexander
Year One
Borat

I could go on and on and on.

These are the ones I can think of at the moment, the list goes on...

300- probably the worst movie I ever saw
Sin City- pretentious visual overload, messy
Watchmen- ditto
Stomp the Yard (I think)- I only watched 2 minutes before feeling like :vomit:
7 pounds- bo-ring
Zodiac- I could have watched an episode of crime drama on TV at home

How on earth could you possibly think 7 Pounds was anything close to boring? Will Smith was tremendous in that movie!

And 300? You are the first person I have heard say that that movie sucked. Apparently the Oscars disagree with you too.

If you hate both of those movies, what kind of movies do you like?

Watchmen was a bit long (and dark, on DVD at home) but a great watch. Loved 300 and Sin City, too, but I tend to love movies that have strong art direction from good art directors.

A good cinematographer aims to make each frame look good enough to be hung on a wall. All of those movies did that, and had a pretty good plot, IMO. :D

And hehe 3Cs, I have the movie posters for both of those, signed and framed, in my game room. :D

Carl,
Striking Out(tm)

ETA - But stomp the yard? I think I got physically ill, as well. :D

I didn't really like 300 either :))

Anyways, this is why I hardly ever go to the movies anymore. I'm not paying $10 to see a movie, that's ridiculous! Thankfully we have a cheap theater here where on Tuesdays movies are $1 and matinees are $3. Of course you have to wait to see the movies since they aren't the new ones in there, but it's much more reasonable than $10

United Artists here used to do that! $2 movies - the best of the last 6 months. :) The only movies I really watch in theatres now are Real3D movies. The technology doesn't yet exist for that at home, so you're actually getting an experience you can't get with much cheaper popcorn on your couch.

Also, I've taken to going to the few old-school theatres in Jacksonville, both of which you can go to, watch a newly-released to theatres movie, buy a pitcher of beer, some quesadillas, and sit in comfort (with little end tables and everything!) for less than you can go watch a movie and eat popcorn at most regular theatres. Awesomeness! If you've got a historical theatre near you, GO. It's worth a shot.

Oh, and my addition to the list - ANYTHING that ends 'exactly how it's supposed to'. Ugh. Give me a Usual Suspects or Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels ending any day.

I HATE HATE HATE Watchmen!! That was the biggest waste of time and money!

I haven't seen this, but I've been told by many people who have seen it that if you haven't read the series of comic books, the movie makes no sense at all and you end up bored. I'm not a comic book fan, so I doubt I'll ever take the time to bother with it, but I have talked to a couple people who read them and then watched the movie, and they said it made a huge difference in their understanding of what was going on.

The Burbs - I actually got up and walked out of the movie theater. I've NEVER done that with any movie but it was soooo bad I couldn't stand it.

And Peggy - I knew we were really twins separated at birth. Will Farrell is the most highly overrated comedian EVER. I do not like him at all.

I do, however, like some of Ben Stiller's movies - like There's Something About Mary and Meet the Parents. But that's it. There are too many other stupid ones.

Burn After Reading. It is so boring and so not funny, that I honestly cannot remember a single thing about the movie except how desperately I wanted it to end. Oh, and Brad Pitt getting shot. If I wasn't with a group of people, I would have walked out.

And Peggy - I knew we were really twins separated at birth. Will Farrell is the most highly overrated comedian EVER. I do not like him at all.

The only thing I liked that Will Farrell was in was that short clip "The Landlord" and it wasn't even funny because of him. The baby was the hilarious one!

Here on Earth :vomit:

My boyfriend rented these movies, so didn't lose too much money

You Don't Mess with the Zohan (we made it through maybe 15 mins of that movie)

Stepbrothers (we only watched 30 mins or so)

Back