Help fill the "Sheila's Happy Thoughts" Box!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

~*=Phoenix=*~

If you haven't read my other thread yet, one of our close family friends was diagnosed with cancer (cervical, breast, and bladder). I am wanting to fill up a box with cards, or any other goodies for her. She doesn't have many friends, and most of her friends are guys (they are trying to be supportive, but not the way us ladies need it during something hard like this).

So please help me fill up the box! If you wish to put in a gift card (someone mentioned that in the other thread), that is up to you.

You can send pictures, cards (store bought, hand-made, printed, whichever!), ribbons, anything your heart desires. But please only send things that are happy or uplifting.

If you can, please double envelope cards so that I can take them out of the envelope they are mailed to me in, but still have them sealed in an envelop.

She loves animals of almost every kind, her animals are her life. She is half native american, so she loves native american stuff as well. Just some picture ideas if you want to make a card. If you would like to (or have the time) to collect some cards to send with yours, please do.

I will be decorating the box tonight. And it's big! So please help fill the box!

Me too
I probably wouldn't make the box way too big. (pictures 18 gallon tote) I would bring it to her about every week.

It's not an 18 gallon!!! It's..... about a 14 gallon size........ :neener: I am determined I tell you, DETERMINED! I'm going to use my scrapbook stuff to decorate the sides.

Does she like crosswords/sudoku/puzzles? Knitting or crafty stuff? Does she like to read and if so what? Favorite color?

And I know this is odd but I swear I'm not some kind of creeper, is she thin/chubby, large hands or small, pierced ears? I'm learning to wire wrap stones and beads, and sometimes you just want to wear something shiny even when you don't feel like crap. :) I'm sure I can come up with a pretty pair of earrings or a pinkie ring/toe ring to send along.

Does she like crosswords/sudoku/puzzles? Knitting or crafty stuff? Does she like to read and if so what? Favorite color?

And I know this is odd but I swear I'm not some kind of creeper, is she thin/chubby, large hands or small, pierced ears? I'm learning to wire wrap stones and beads, and sometimes you just want to wear something shiny even when you don't feel like crap. :) I'm sure I can come up with a pretty pair of earrings or a pinkie ring/toe ring to send along.

I've never known her to do puzzles... I know that she does needle crafts and knitting. She is kinda chubby, but under a size 20 - guessing 16/18. Pierced ears. Almost everything in her house is browns/tans, except for the native american decorations. Not petite hands, but not big either.

63 views and only 4 people wanna send cards? Come on guys!

63 views and only 4 people wanna send cards? Come on guys!

I guess it's just I wouldn't know what to write. I honestly do feel bad for her situation and hope she can pull through or be happy in her life, however long that may be. It's just--I don't know her so I'm not sure what would make her feel better or feel worse, ya know? I wouldn't want to write something that inadvertently upset her or anything.

It doesn't have to be anything long, can be as short as "Thinking of you, and sending you my best wishes".

I sent you a PM--please send me the info, too. I have a lot of jewelry pieces I've made hanging around, if you think she'd like ANY of them I will be happy to send them. Seriously.

Contest?

Working on pm's now..

I know some people are hesitant to send a card to someone they don't know, cuz you don't know what to say.. Just try to be uplifting, and think of what you would say to your own friend.

The happy box is smaller, but still here! It's about 8" x 10" x 6". Maybe more doable? The other box has turned into her "pet supply donation from craigslist people" box, lol.

:hmm:

Trying to think of a way to get more people interested in sending/collecting cards. Would anyone be interested in a contest? I probably have enough scrapbook stuff to make a scrapbook as a prize....... Have some other ideas for prizes, but not sure how that would work....

ETA: If your on my friends list on Facebook... I will be hitting you ALL up one by one to send a card... Just wait and see.. ALL 300+ of you!

Read a pm and someone asked about sending a picture of their pet.. That is still a great idea :) So just wanted to bring it up again!

Maybe get some non-toxic (pet safe) ink and have your pets "sign" the card too :D

Pm's sent for all (I think), if I missed you, message me!

Remember, more the happier! Have your kids/friends/family send one too!

Working on pm's now..

I know some people are hesitant to send a card to someone they don't know, cuz you don't know what to say.. Just try to be uplifting, and think of what you would say to your own friend.

The happy box is smaller, but still here! It's about 8" x 10" x 6". Maybe more doable? The other box has turned into her "pet supply donation from craigslist people" box, lol.

:hmm:

Trying to think of a way to get more people interested in sending/collecting cards. Would anyone be interested in a contest? I probably have enough scrapbook stuff to make a scrapbook as a prize....... Have some other ideas for prizes, but not sure how that would work....

ETA: If your on my friends list on Facebook... I will be hitting you ALL up one by one to send a card... Just wait and see.. ALL 300+ of you!

Honestly, if you were my friend and doing this for me, I'd be pissed. You have stated that your friend didn't want to share a lot of information with YOU, her FRIEND about the disease. How do you think she'll feel about you blabbing this all over the internet? Not only here on CnH, but Craigslist too?

Also, if people are going to send something, they've already offered to do so. It doesn't matter how many times you post, beg, bug, etc, they're not going to. Frankly, if I receive a request on facebook, I'm going to be pissed. I wish your friend all the best, I really do. But I'm not sending her a card, or a donation, or anything, because of YOU. You are turning this into some circus, begging people, PMing people, etc. And if people don't do what you want, you whine. Case in point - Your Facebook post.

"I am saddened by my fellow CnH users"

Or the comment you made about the ratio of views to responses. My 85 year old aunt has leukemia, after having gone through breast cancer 3 separate times. As much as I'd love to be hawking down well wishes for her, she wants it to remain private. We've all been touched by cancer somewhere, somehow. It's sad and disheartening, and it's a struggle. But you don't see us bugging for donations/well wishes/etc and whining when it doesn't happen.

Take a chill pill, and maybe instead of focusing all this energy into constantly bugging people for donations and posting on Craigslist you could actually go and help your friend with things she might need help with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back