Help fill the "Sheila's Happy Thoughts" Box!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a long post, twice.... But they didn't turn out how I wanted... I will say this - If anyone has a problem with what I am trying to do, then don't post and bring down everyone elses happy thoughts and well wishes, and just go delete me from your friends list on facebook. And act like an adult and take it up with me privately, and take a chill pill.

The remark on my facebook page was neither related to this subject, or about this subject. And I don't appreciate being told that it was, I think I know what I post about :D.

I honestly, don't care if you send "donations". My mission is cards with well wishes and happy thoughts.

The post on craigslist was asking for vet contact information of a vet that may take payments to have her very old large breed dog euthanized (vet suggestion). I told her I would see if I could find somewhere less than $200, or one that would take payments - yes, she was okay with me explaining to the people why. And people OFFERED to drop supplies off for her other pets. So, this is why I was "hitting up the vets". Happy and sad to say we found one that will go out to her house for half of that (and it's their normal rates).

She was feeling down today, so I mentioned the cards. And it brightened her day! We talked a little bit, and she said she didn't want to talk about it much that day because one of her sons told her he couldn't bring himself to go see her yet, and she had just given away her favorite horse two days before we went over. The canadian goose she raised from a baby finally spread its wings and went to go join its own kind.

She said she will feel more up to talking when she gets her will squared away, so she won't have to worry about what will happen to her pets.

And yes, she is okay with me posting here.

Does she own chins? I have some cute pictures of my chin. I think you wrote about people sending pics of their animals because she likes animals so much and since she's lost so many of them recently. I don't have a printer but I can work on figuring out something to write and will be going home this weekend or next so I can print out a card/picture there which will probably be good timing since I have to find the time to sit down and think of something to write anyways.

She doesn't have chinnies, but she loves them :). We were texting off an on last night, she said they have two baby chicks. She's been taking a camping chair out into the lawn and watching the chicks for hours :).

And act like an adult and take it up with me privately, and take a chill pill.

It's perfectly normal adult behavior to call you out for being obnoxious, which is the tone your posts have. There are many people here who have, had or have family members with cancer. They've spoken up about it without egging people on or making people feel like **** for reading a thread and not doing what you think needs to happen.

I feel the same way. If I found out one of my friends was posting or discussing my personal information to the world when I had expressed wanting to not talk about it I would be devastated.

I understand a person's need to do something, but sometimes just being there in person or to chat is the best thing you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back