Hello from Central FL :D

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allyson

<-- lexi ("queen pudge")
Hi everyone! My name is Allyson. I live in the Melbourne/Central FL area and am pretty new to owning chins. I have wanted chinchillas and/or a hedgehog since the age of 7 or so, and as soon as my parents let me use the internet, I was printing out pages and pages about them (my mom would be napping and she would wake up with me going through about 50+ pages on these creatures! I'd always use up all their printer ink!). Unfortunately, since they are expensive pets I was not able to afford one until recently.

While browsing craigslist, I stumbled upon an ad in early August of this year from a girl re-homing a rescue chin baby in my area for $50 - a cute little 2 1/2 month old standard grey, and I knew I had to have her! I ran out and bought a FN142 + some hideys the night before picking her up, and took my little Luna home around August 5 :>

I now have five chinchillas... Luna (standard grey), Lexi (white ebony with TOV?) from Central Florida Chinchillas, Lily (pink white) from Chinchillas Galore, Loki (mosaic) rescue chin from craigslist, and Link (mosaic) also from Chinchillas Galore. Luna, Lexi, and Lily live together and Loki and Link live together. All my chinnies except Link are female, he is an infertile male.

Sorry for the long introduction! But I wanted to stop in and say hi :> I will post pictures of my furbabies soon!

Welcome Allyson!! Can't wait to see how the girls are doing!

Welcome Allyson! Congratulations on your little family. :)

I would like to point out to you though, just for safety's sake, that there is no way to prove that a male is infertile without having him castrated. I gave a good friend of mine two chinchillas, a male and a female, both "infertile." The female had been with many males, was 8 years old, had been a ranch chin before she came to me. They were selling her to research because she had never proven. The male I had since he was a baby. For 5 years I tried him with every female I could, all proven, so I would know if it was him or not. Nothing ever happened. I gave them both to T and she called me at night in a panic, not too many months later - she had found a dead kit in the cage. It just takes the right time and the right set of circumstances, and there can be a kit out of it. So just be aware that it may not have been his time yet.

Allyson, welcome to a great forum! Can't wait to see pics of all your fur babies. :))

:hi:
You found the right forum to join! Everyone is great on here and can answer any question you could think of! You'll love it.

Latest posts

Back