Glee

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends on how the adoption was set up. From the looks of it when they talked at the nursery, while Shelby knew that she was getting Quinn and Noah's baby, they didn't, which is pretty common in private adoptions. The new parent(s) are a series of statistics like "female, age 37, earning $56,000/year, home owner", while the mother being a minor in this case could simply be "female, 16, German ancestry".

I enjoyed most of the music, but Bohemian Rhapsody. It just gave me the all-overs, especially since it wasn't particularly choral. "All Jesse All the Time" never won the show choirs I saw and performed in any honors. I also wonder how the regions are divided up if they're competing against another Ohio school and an Indiana one. We never competed against PA in the Northeastern districts, but occasionally saw schools from southern and western Ohio. I wasn't fond of the judging situation either, though Sue's attack of conscience was something we needed to see. She can't be pure evil in every aspect of her life *but* her time with her sister. FINALLY, she's not. *cheers*

What I loved were the range of emotions we went through with the kids and Mr. Schuster in this episode. Seeing Emma scream at the principal was pretty awesome too. She's learning how to 'get her hands dirty' in the metaphorical sense.

This episode was just outstanding.

Something about the adoption though - that would have never, ever happened in the real world. She decided she didn't want Rachel, then suddenly decided she wanted to adopt, and whizbang! A lovely, newborn girl child is placed into your arms within days. Yeaaaahhh, that's just how it happens. It would have taken her years to be able to get a baby girl child - so that part really irked me. She wants to adopt, fine, but it made that story line just a little to pat for me.

The singing was excellent. I also agree with Bohemian Rhapsody. It's called glee CLUB, not bunch of back up singers with one so-so lead singer. I also agree that the meshing of the delivery and the song was awesome, but I've never known a pregnancy, especially a first one, to deliver in 5-7 minutes. The joys of TV I guess - stretch reality as much as possible. As far as what school went against what school - I doubt most people really cared about that. They just wanted to see singing! I did find it a bit stupid that the sign at the beginning said "20 school competition" then at the end it was the two main competitors and a nobody with not great vocals who ended up on stage. How did that happen?? I realize it's only an hour show, but still, how about a little explanation there, or a few flashes to eliminations - something.

Emma rocked! Good for her for finally finding and using her voice. I also agree that it was great to see Sue be human for a change. But she better not stay that way. She's someone you just love to hate. :)

The sign said 2010, the "10" was under the "20".

That made me do a double take too.

Sue's too funny being mean to let her get too nice!

I love, love, love this show. Can't wait to watch all the reruns over the summer!

Do we know that she wasn't the adoptive parent the whole time, though? All I remember hearing was that Quinn had picked "a nice family" for Beth, but no specifics about that family. She's known her only biological kid is Rachel for a while now, so it's possible she decided to adopt before deciding to coerce Rachel into meeting her. (I think it's fishy too, but it's possible).

The placenta mask comment literally made me gag gasp and cringe all at the same time.

Well, while you all were recapping episodes, we were having pictures done. ;)

glee_1024x768.jpg

I totally missed that. I need to go re watch. hehehe.

It was when Will was telling Sue her face looked radiant. She said well I do get a placenta face mask after a microderm before nationals.. or what ever competition it was. But I nearly had a heart attack. Im wondering now if people actually get that done. But Im at work and too afraid to google it.

I'm so glad Glee is back. I fell in love with it all over again last night...except that last number Rachel did. That one was kinda pointless.

I agree Laura. Loved it all aside from that silly number. The new girl is amazing. The duet of Telephone she did with Rachel made my night.

Lea's new haircut is adorable on her. It really softens her features. SO HAPPY GLEE IS BACK! :dance3:

Forgot to add: Next weeks episode looks amazing!

Last edited:
So glad Glee is back too! And it's still as funny and entertaining as ever! I agree Cindy, Lea's new haircut is cute on her! Can't wait til next week to see what happens!

And did you see that commercial in between about not being a Sue? That was pretty funny too lol.

So, apparently no one has mentioned it. Anyone see the one where Kurt sang "I wanna hold your hand?" I was borderline tears the whole episode till that moment, then the tears would not stop....curse you glee! best episode yet.

So happy to find this thread. We are all total Gleeks here! My 13 yr old daughter and I started watching and my husband even likes it now. I love the relationship between Kurt & his dad, and that his dad is really supportive and trying to do the very best that he can to let Kurt know he's accepted. I also love the scenes with Sue and her sister- if she was evil all the time, we'd get bored with her.
Its a repeat this week :( but I can't wait for the Halloween episode, they're doing The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I'm not sure if I want Finn or Puck as Frankenfurter. :party:

I CAN'T WAIT for next week's Rocky Horror episode. I really hope they knock it out of the park!

I must be the lone ranger here. :) I was not at all impressed with the first two episodes of the season. I was seriously wondering if I was going to be able to watch the show again if they didn't get back to their usual style. They made such a big deal out of Brittney Spears being on, then she was on for 3 seconds. And grilled cheesus? Ick. That whole premis was just stupid. They make Finn TOO stupid I think.

I also loved Kurt's rendition of I Want To Hold Your Hand. I am not a fan of people remaking the Beatles, but I think he did a good job with it. I'm just glad that last week's episode of Glee was back on track again. Not sure how I feel about RHPS. That was a cult classic in my growing up days and I attended it "live." There's no way that Glee can get the campiness and sexual innuendo going that it usually has, which is okay since it's a teen show, but that may take away from the entire feel of the show.

You are not the lone ranger. Glee has been blah. Let me rephrase that. Glee has flat out sucked this season.

The Brittney episode could and should have been so much more. Did there really need to be a "sex riot"? Way to waste Brittney!

It was all I could do to watch all of Grilled Cheesus. Musical choices and performances were terrible. Kurt's rendition of I Want to Hold Your Hand made me ill. Leave the Beatles alone. Imagine was terrible when they did it and this was not any better. I wanted to shove a sock in Mercedes mouth when she destroyed Bridge Over Troubled Water.

When did Finn become so stupid?

My jury is still out on Glee doing RHPS. I've been to MANY "live" showings and have LOVED it. So we shall see what they do with it.

Last week was one of the only episodes that I enjoyed. River Deep, Mountain High was done very well. Glee needs to get back to the charm it once had. The writing has been more than lacking.

Can somebody please FEED Lea!

Ok I'm done ranting about and bashing one of my favorite shows.

I haven't loved this season, either, the writing is bad. I HATE Rachel's hair. I think Kurt is looking older. Grilled Cheesus was stupid.

I DO like that some of the other characters are getting more lines - like Mike Chang and Britney.

I have never seen Rocky Horror, but most of Glee's themed episodes are pretty bad so I'm not hoping for much this week.

I do think that they are struggling a bit, but last week's episode really started to bring back memories of some of the great episodes of last season. The way I see it...every show has it's good and bad episodes. Hopefully they'll be able to keep getting better!

(and yes, both Lea AND Cory need to eat something. Crazy!)

Latest posts

Back