Fur bear

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I knew he'd be expensive but he is cute, only I could never really want to hug it as I'd keep thinking too much into it, you know what I mean?!?

Yeah, I don't know that I would ever buy one. I like the fur on the chins. But I just thought it was cute

That's actually dirt cheap for a fur bear. The lady that makes them for Empress each year (or did in the past) charged $350.00 and up. So that's a steal.

He was actually on eBay last week and no one bought him. I personally want to get one made for myself out of some of my pelts later on. I could never decide whether or not I wanted to wait until I had enough to make a blanket, or to just do a pillow. But then I decided that I'd get a bear made instead. I just hope that I don't have any more casualties to add to it though.

I'm crossing my fingers for you Tiff and no more casualties. Just a note to some new members or members who may not know, not all pelting is an act of deliberate destruction of the animal. Some owners and breeders pelt their animals when they die from natural causes and something like this is a nice reminder of a beloved pet or truly beautiful animal after he/she dies.

Upcycled from fur garments that have had their day

I was a little weirded out until I read that. That makes it a lot better, in my opinion. I don't think it's weird or wrong that some have their chins pelted after they pass of natural causes. It's not any stranger than the fact that I have cremated ratty ashes in my bedroom...

I honestly can't say this one does much for me. The empress bears were amazing, and I'd have LOVED to have gotten one of them.

I too would like to start saving up to have my own bear made sometime in the future :) I was able to grab cute little handmade dolls with fur trim on them (hat, trim on their coat etc) and a bear would look great with my dolls!

Found this lady: http://bearluvrcreations.com/orphanage/ she seems to do a fairly good job; I like her bears better then one in the OP, and she'll do custom orders.

Last edited:
Just a note to some new members or members who may not know, not all pelting is an act of deliberate destruction of the animal. Some owners and breeders pelt their animals when they die from natural causes and something like this is a nice reminder of a beloved pet or truly beautiful animal after he/she dies.

I wasn't saying it's creepy because I thought they killed chinchillas for it, I kind of think it looks creepy. That's all.

:\
How would you go about pelting an animal that passed? Do you do it yourself or do you send your dearly departed to someone who sends back the fur?
Ivan is long buried, but if I had known I would have kept his pelt. He was beautiful. I would have kept Orson as well, had he not been..erm..ripped up by Mork. :(
Ivan's all wrapped up in a towel, sealed in a tupper ware container...but decomp still happens, doesn't it? Probably a stupid question....
EDIT: I'm not thinking of digging up Ivan to pelt him. I did see Rachel's post about her little Bokie being buried in a flower pot, though, and I really love that idea because I would eventually like to live in California...and it would be nice to have Ivan and Orson with me, as flowers. :hearts:

Latest posts

Back