Fatties!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^ Hahaha, I've never seen a pic quite like that. Does Donna exercise at all or does she prefer to just lounge like that?

Hahaha don't let the chub fool you, this little girl is a quick one when she wants to be :thumbsup:

You guys have some great looking fatso chinnies here. Marble is chubby but he cannot compare quite well to any of these. I love seeing pictures of big chinnies it makes me smile.=]

this thread made my night...things have been sooo crazy and stressful for me lately, but fat chins always put a smile on my face :bravo:

Love the fatties...keep em coming. Wilbur and Templeton sleeping together is just precious.

So how do you get em so big? My girls are only 600g and 650g. I'd love to pork them up a little.

Here's my good ole' Fat-Fat... I mean Donna =)
picture.php

Looks like molten lava belly spilling out! LOL

I LOVE all the pictures! They're just wonderful. Chubby little buhbuhs. I need to take some pictures of a few of them here. Melon, Fed, Buju and a few of the other chins that are larger need to be seen by the world. Melon especially, he's just a huge chin despite really getting around.... :) I'm not sure if it's genetic or what with some of these guys.

But, when thinking of the fatties, please send good thoughts to the little skinny rescue dudes. A couple that I brought home yesterday are much too thin, it's scary to think that chins can have THAT little muscle and fat on them. :( I can feel all the vertebrae individually up and down their tails, it makes me cry when I hold a chin like that and think that it just never had to happen - the chins aren't sick and they don't have tooth problems. (Sorry...I'm exhausted today and therefore overly sensitive to what's happening with the chinnerkins!)

:rofl: That picture of Holly in the tube is priceless. I giggled for a few minutes.

It's the pellets. My boy eats oxbow also and since I've switched him over from Mazuri he's blown up like a balloon. I also get him the botanical blend of oxbow hay he loves that stuff.

Keep those pics coming guys! This thread is great. It'd be interesting to know what everyone with their "fatties" feeds!

Several months back I switched from Mazuri to AlderPark pellets. The pellets are milled here on Vancouver Island, are very fresh and my boys really seem to devour them.

My new boy Carlos came to me with Kaytee Fortified food and I mixed some of his pellets in with the AlderPark ones for two nights and both nights he picked out the AlderPark ones so on the third night I ditched the Kaytee altogether.

I also give my boys a pinch of Serena's (lilchinchilla) supplement every night when they're good boys and go back into their houses for the night. That and timmy hay and orchard grass and filtered water. That's it.

I LOVE all the pictures! They're just wonderful. Chubby little buhbuhs. I need to take some pictures of a few of them here. Melon, Fed, Buju and a few of the other chins that are larger need to be seen by the world. Melon especially, he's just a huge chin despite really getting around.... :) I'm not sure if it's genetic or what with some of these guys.

But, when thinking of the fatties, please send good thoughts to the little skinny rescue dudes. A couple that I brought home yesterday are much too thin, it's scary to think that chins can have THAT little muscle and fat on them. :( I can feel all the vertebrae individually up and down their tails, it makes me cry when I hold a chin like that and think that it just never had to happen - the chins aren't sick and they don't have tooth problems. (Sorry...I'm exhausted today and therefore overly sensitive to what's happening with the chinnerkins!)
Lots of happy thoughts and good love to the new rescues, Susan. I know you're worried. It sounds like its a miracle they are still here. I know if anyone can give them the love and care they need to live a long happy life, it would be you! :hug2:

ETA: I am LOVING the Chubby pics on here! So adorable.

I was just looking through my pics and found this big fat chin. Her name is Mama Cass and she belongs to Pam (Alderbrookchins) and she says that when she sits on her lap, the neighbours think she's a cat. She isn't in breeding b/c she's too fat. :laughitup:

mommacass-1.jpg

Cute fatties :)
Its always hard to tell however is it fat, or just an amazing coat ;)
Great chins!

Latest posts

Back