Fatties!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just looking through my pics and found this big fat chin. Her name is Mama Cass and she belongs to Pam (Alderbrookchins) and she says that when she sits on her lap, the neighbours think she's a cat. She isn't in breeding b/c she's too fat. :laughitup:

mommacass-1.jpg

Haha, there was a chin at the '08 York Show who was huge. I believe she took GSC, but she took up almost the whole show cage. I wish I would've gotten pics of her!

If I remember right, Mama Cass is somewhere around 1300 grams but Pam will have to correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not out by much though.

I found a fatty pic of Pip when he actually was a fatty. It was taken before I found the chin forums and we fed him anything and everything that came to mind: chips, popcorn, raisins, nuts, granola bars and cookies etc. He got so fat that he couldn't even hop up on that chair anymore so he stayed perched on the lower rungs.

After I found the chin forums I felt terrible that we fed him all that stuff and immediately cut out everything except pellets, hay, water and his only treat was/is oats and rose hips. He's smaller now, can leap around like a gazelle and hopefully all that junk food hasn't shortened his lifespan.

Pip222.jpg

I found another pic of Mama Cass and this might give you a better perspective as to how big she really is when she's sitting next to those stuffed bears. I'd love to have that big gal but it's all boys over here.

mommacass2.jpg

Back