Chin? need confirmation. help!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fireflycafe

Stormie & Bella
Hi everyone :)

I was wondering if you can help me w/ couple of questions... I just got a kit who was born on 2/27/10. Her name is Bella. My mom doesn't think she look's like a chin, due to she doesn't look like Stormie (my older chin who is turning 9mo's this month:heart3:) Just wanted to make sure she is a chin and not a degu or something x_x

Also, what is her color? I am not sure... she looks kinda grayish blue/green?

I have attached 3 pix of her, and
Thank you for any comment or advice you can give me :)

Attachments

• Bella in Hammock.jpg
    Bella in Hammock.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 98
  • Bella on Ledge.jpg
    Bella on Ledge.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 95
  • Bella Posing.jpg
    Bella Posing.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 105
Yup. She looks like a violet chinnie to me too. Can you post a picture of your other chin? Maybe he's not a chin. :p

Yup. She looks like a violet chinnie to me too. Can you post a picture of your other chin? Maybe he's not a chin. :p

pretty sure Stormie is a Chin ^.^ Got her from Debbie w/ Chins ToGo.
Got Bella from someone else who was selling off all of his Chins cuz of financial problem.

Here is pix of Stormie

Attachments

• Yoda-ing.jpg
    Yoda-ing.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Stormie chewing on willow stick.jpg
    Stormie chewing on willow stick.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Stormie listening to music.jpg
    Stormie listening to music.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 45
  • scratching stormie.jpg
    scratching stormie.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 41
just realize Bella and Stormie look a like a lil. In person though, Bella have a pointier nose than Stormie, and I think that is what is throwing us off.

thanks everyone. At least I can tell my mom Bella is a Chin ^.^

They haven't met yet. Bella is under Quarantine right now until June. One is in the front living room, and one is in the back family room. Hoping (crossing fingers) that the intro would go well. Would love for them two to live together :hug2:

Hmm, I dunno, kinda looks like a giant African mouse to me. :hmm:

Hehe, just kidding. You have two very cute lil chinchillas.

I have a violet girl, too, and people always have that reaction to her; they think she looks more like a squirrel than a chin. <insert eyeroll>

Congrats, both your babies are cuties!!

Just be sure to double check the sexes of both of your chinchillas before you try to introduce them...you will really give your mom a scare if you have kits born at your house! ;))

Back