breeding question

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wabbitworld

Can a female breed with 2 males. I have a homo black ebony female. she is in with a colony. there is a homo beige and a dark ebony males. she has a medium ebony and a light gray baby. any ideas.

There is no way to tell now, but I would not leave two males in with her.

The ebony male is the father. If the homo beige were the father, all kits would express beige.

It is not safe to have two males together with a female.

You will need to pull at least one of the males out, they will fight over her, One very well may die

Wabbitworld - You really need to do some reading before you continue to try breeding. Riven is correct. What you have is not a colony, it is a death waiting to happen. A colony would be several females and 1 male, not several males and 1 female. I can't even comprehend how miserable the female must be with males going at her at all times of the day. There is a lot more to worry about here than what colors you might produce or have produced thus far.

It would be a really good idea to separate out the girls and the boys, keep them apart, and learn about basic chinchilla breeding before you continue this venture. Read through the chin breeding and babies section, then read through the horror stories, and finally the FAQ's to understand why you should breed. After that you can decide whether or not breeding is for you.

Back