Black friday!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

addictedtochins

Socially inept
Are you going to brave the crowds? Shop online? I will be out early Friday morning and shop online as well. We don't need too much, a new GPS, simple dvd player, computer chair...Walmart has a nice one Fri am. I can't wait to see the ads tommorow morning. What do you want/need? Are you going out early?
:bump1: this is what shopping Friday will feel like.

I only plan on going to the fabric store.

Even that was crazy last year :err:
I waited in line to get my fabric cut for an hour! What devotion..

LOL, oh yes! I'm either heading to the outlet mall after Thanksgiving dinner if need be, or we'll sleep a little and get up around 3am to be there by 4-4:30am. We have our plan and know what doorbuster sales we need to hit first. haha I've never done this before.

i'm going shopping with my mom and sister friday morning :]. we usually hit target first, this year it's at 5am! we usually hit all of the stores out in our mall area, aiming for nothing in particular other than good deals on christmas presents :D.

then i get to go to target to work from 2-11 =/ long day for me lol..then i open at 8 on saturday, oh joy ;]

I will be sleeping whilst all you are shopping! I'm working straight 3rd shift both Thanksgiving and the day after--both are holidays for us here. The only thing that actually intrigued me was the $9.99 George Foreman grill at Kohl's--normally it's $39.99. It was black so it would be perfect in the Italian Chef themed kitchen! Other than that they never have any good deals on video games which is what Stewart is getting--that and boring clothes LOL!

I doubt i'm going. I need to be at work for 230pm, however Jason is trying to drag me out.... I hate malls, I hate shopping, I hate crowds....Experience with black friday clearly shows I am no person for black friday shopping LOL

We have a Walmart! That's it! Just a Walmart!!! Oh yeah, and a small Walgreens and a couple of dollar stores (guess you know where I do most of my shopping now) I'm with Megan, not a fan of shopping or crowds. Any shopping I need to do between now and Christmas will be at the grocery store...or in the middle of the night...or online.

Last edited:
I've done Black Friday twice. Once in Ohio, once here. Ohio was the get in line at 3 a.m. one with my sister, for a stupid cabbage patch kid for my niece and she didn't want to go alone. Out here, I just wanted to see what it was like when I was lucid. Kohl's had a line that went from the front of the store to the back of the store, split down the two main aisles, then it wrapped around the wall twice, and through the racks of clothes. I could not believe it. I didn't even see all that much worth buying. It was like people had talked them selves into a freanzy of I HAVE TO BUY IT ON BLACK FRIDAY and didn't even think about where else they could get it cheaper on a regular day. It was just insane.

Obviously, no, I will not be partaking in Black Friday shopping. :)

I remember the few times I did go black friday shopping...Best buy was exactly how you described, Peggy.

The mall was horrible--the friends I went with were ready to push me over the balcony because I was SO miserable. It's been about 4 years since I went, and I still don't live down that black friday...

If it's like Boxing Day in Canada, as a friend told me, I would never do it. But apparently there's really good deals. I did Boxing day last years and it was crazy.

I may drop by Walmart in the morning. I did last year and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I don't have anything there that I particularly want, just want to browse what may be on sale. Last year I got a Blu Ray player for $159 (when they had just come out) and sold it on Ebay for around $300. I also got a bunch of DVD's for around $5 (actual good DVD's).

I will be getting there at exactly 4am and am hoping to be out of there by 5am. We'll see!

i may pop in acmoore before i go to work, they have a few good deals before 9am.
my fiance' is doing the big guns shopping because he has to be at work by 7, so he is stopping at walmart to check out the $7 wii games (we have 3 boys between us) and they also have $3 pajama sets for our boys & our 4 nieces. he is also going to game stop to pick up 2 pre-owned ds lites for his 2 boys and they have a good deal on preowned ds games. i hate the crowds so i can only handle one store!
i could use some christmas fleece, so at one point this weekend, i may hit up joanns!

We are heading out at 3am for Old Navy, then Lowes, and Target somewhere between - just a word to those first timers - sales stuff is NOT where it normally is in the store ---videogames and tvs might be in the dairy section of Walmart ---get a map, take a buddy, and don't even think about wasting time with a cart --have a plan and know what you are going in looking for because usually they have limited numbers...I learned all this the hard way at Walmart last year but luckily I got the gps I was after...

I plan on sleeping in:) Be in my nice warm bed, let the people have at it.

Agreed. My aunt and sister are going out at four am, and I considered going out with them to buy this beautiful Nikon camera before I realized this is the first night in over a week that I have the opportunity to sleep more than three hours in an actual bed.

Yeah well, my nice warm bed called to me this morning and I decided not to go anywhere. It was way too cozy to get out of.

Back