Best "free" things you've ever gotten!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurie

I heart Leonard
Anyone who knows me knows I'm absolutely IN LOVE with my cat, Baxter. I love his brother, Sam, too--but Baxter is my absolute favorite. I got both he and Sam free ten years ago and I got to thinking about how awesome some of the free things I've gotten through the years were. So here's my list

Baxter & Sam two wonderful white and orange cats

Baby Lisa chin (the most wonderful gift I'm sure I'll ever own as the thought behind the gift is knowing my beautiful sister, Lisa, touched more than just me in this lifetime. And the gift of Baby Lisa chin also carries a wonderful friendship with Kristy.

Leonard my fishbowl chin--he came free, cage, fishbowl and all!

GiGi--Bobo's daughter was totally free ( but worrying about a baby chin is not really free if you know what I mean)

My Sony e-reader woot! woot! XMas gift from work this year

My Ipod Nano XMas gift from work 2 years ago

This is currently all I've thought of at 5:12am--how about anyone else?

My Savior, my family, various pets incl. cats, chins, birds. A neat give away special they have every Tuesday at a local grocery store, one week it was a free turkey, last week a free tub of nestle chocolate chip cookie dough. I just remembered we won a free trip to San Diego many years ago, air fare, hotel and tix to Sea World and the Zoo. My husband is great at calling in and winning prizes on the radio. I can't count how many concerts, events, movie tix and free meals he's won. The free stuff on Craig's list is cool too. I just got 8 new unopened puzzles.

I got free tickets to see The Subways and i fell in love with their music.

My refrigerator and washer and dryer were given to me by my Uncle. Not even part of my housewarming gifts or anything. He just wanted new stuff and gave me is barely used old stuff. :)

My toyota Rav4. My grandma is way to generous.

I won tickets to my first ever Linkin Park concert years ago - after sitting half a mile away it seemed, I began to buy pit tickets instead of hoping to win. :p

Other than that... I haven't been lucky with getting anything free, as I don't have any friends and my family is pretty darn stingy. I've had to work for what I've gotten.

Free concert VIP passes, trip to Disney World with my daughter, Heart of the Samurai seminar, horses, cars, the giant chinchilla townhouse in my living room (so big I don't know where to put it), diamond ring and the 17 pairs of awesome shoes I got from Sally.

I won free tickets to see Phil Vassar in '08, that was a GREAT night out with my grandmother. Hash, my first chin, from my 10th grade bio teacher. It started an absolute love of the furballs. Vegas, my crabby rat from Mish. He's such a butthead, but he's fun. Spirit, my absolute B-word of a cat, who Keith hates, but I love. Keith.... even though I've spent tons of money on and with him in the last 8 months. Lady, the best friend a girl could have! So many of my best freebies have been pets I've gotten, I could keep going on.

My aunt taking a poor college student out to see concerts. Saw Elton John, Cher, Cyndi Lauper, Amy Grant/Michael W. Smith, and Chicago. That really opened my eyes to music, can't thank her enough.

More recently, my neighbors for letting me use their riding lawnmowers for over a year. Now that I have a new job (yay!) I hope to fix that.

Oh, yeah, besides my Pug, I got a free Carribean Cruise with 17 family members. It was my Aunt and Uncle's 50th wedding anniversary and they wanted us all to go on a cruise together so they could renew their wedding vows in the Bahamas. They paid for all of us, airfare and cruise. It was certainly a once in a lifetime event for me.

My absolute favorite free thing I have is from my grandmother. She had planned on giving me one of her rings to continue to pass on, and when she passed away my mother let me choose what I wanted. I chose her wedding set. It's beautifully simple and was exactly what I was looking for in my own wedding set. Now I have her and my grandfather with me every moment of every day. The set will always remind me of the love I have for them, the love I have for my husband, and the love they had for each other over the years.

ipod touch- won a video editing contest and got a $300 gift card and got the ipod with it.

Nala- my cat. My boyfriend jokes that I 'abducted' her from the park. Poor thing was all alone and hungry (if not scared, lol).

I just got a free chicken dinner from Raleys! 8 pc fried chicken, 2 sides, and some hawaiian rolls. :D

-The chance to meet Mark McGrath :) That was an awesome day.

-I got free soup at Rainforest Cafe because I was deathly ill and the waitress felt bad for me.

-My Mr. Grumpy Pants (Ande) was free, minus the medical bills to get him healthy.

-My Quality cage.... Without it, I wouldn't have been able to adopt Mr. Charlie bear.

-My phone because Sprint screwed up an sent an extra to the house.... but shhh... don't tell them....

Uhm that's about it. Not so lucky to get much free stuff....

I've gotten 10 free chins over the years. Love them all!

My best friend's parents like to take us on trips: Alaska, Australia/New Zealand, going to Alaska again in May

My laptop, two years at the community college, my education in general, and so many great trips with my parents over the years.

Free is priceless but a free laptop that just showed up at my door from work is making me happy for the moment! LOL

Back