Atlantic Chapter Show 2013

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's Blue and White weekend at Penn State, it's a big spring football event that draws a lot of alumni. I tried to get the weekend before but the hall was booked then. If this happens again next year, I'll book it a week later, even if that pushes us into warmer weather.

I'll be donating a standard female that took first place at Nationals for the raffle. Probably a door prize or two as well. Still thinking on what to make for lunch!

I'll be at the show, considering the banquet...donating something (ether a carrier or some wooden goodies)...MannaPro PRO and SHO I think are the popular ones Rhonda (I feed PRO). Though I'm voting for Black Velvet ;) WOOWOO! Mish, I am SO gonna buy tickets for that one ;) always consider donating a chin...may this year, who knows. Anywho, I'll be there for sure!

Sent you an email Mish regarding where to send a raffle item. Won't be attending this year. Just too many hotel headaches. :wacko:

This show is about a 4 hour drive for me. While I have no intention of breeding, I am wondering if it would be worth the drive to check it out. For no reason other than to oooh and ahhhh at all of the chinnies and to meet some new people. Are these kinds of things fun for spectators, or more for those who come to show and/or buy?

Whew! Good thing I checked this thread and got my butt in gear. Just booked my room at the Quality Inn. See you guys in a few weeks!!

This show is about a 4 hour drive for me. While I have no intention of breeding, I am wondering if it would be worth the drive to check it out. For no reason other than to oooh and ahhhh at all of the chinnies and to meet some new people. Are these kinds of things fun for spectators, or more for those who come to show and/or buy?

I think it is fun... The people are GREAT! Definitely interesting and not something you see everyday...If you really like chins I think it would be fun for just pet owners...

:)

ChinChiq- I would say YES! I used to visit the shows when I was just a pet owner. AND...because you aren't entering you don't need to be there early, don't need to book a hotel (just drive day of) and don't have to stay the whole show! It's much more casual AND if you stay for dinner you'll get to chat LOADS with TONS of awesome chinfolk!

Hmmmm, you guys are making me seriously consider it! Driving there and back in one day would be a lot, but I don't mind driving. Ooooooooo, I'm excited now!!!

ChinChiq- when I first started attending shows...you know, back when I was "just" a pet owner ;) I had to drive nearly 4hrs one way for it. AND...where we had the show had a time limit so we didn't get to set down and rest for a banquet before the drive home! So yeah, make the trip, you'll enjoy it!

Any word on vendors this year?

ugh, guess we will start looking for a hotel room now. Sadly we have the trailer so we can't do a same day drive :(

OK, you've talked me in to it...I will plan to come down for the day! I'll for sure bring something for the lunch and plan to attend the dinner as well. I'm looking forward to checking out some awesome chinnies, meeting some new people and learning as much as I can!

ChinChiq, put on some killer music, jam and sing while you drive and before you know it you'll be there...I can't even count how many chin trips I have taken Katie Perry and Carrie Underwood on...They are GREAT company!!! LOL ;)

I enjoy road trips! This past weekend I drove a total of 950 miles round trip in 2 days for a wedding. I can handle 425 round trip in one day :)

I may be bringing some apple wood to the show if anyone is interested. $10 pound or may do a discount on 5+ pounds.

Back