a new face

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dinosaurcake

Hello! My name is Savannah and I just joined this site. :]

I've recently become in love with hedgehogs because they are just so adorable!! I've started to research about them and i've been looking up a bunch stuff about them- and I came across this site! I'm excited to learn a lot about hedgies.

I really want a hedgehog, but my mom is not an animal person and she says I can't get one. Is there any way I can change her mind? ahahaha. her only reasoning is that she thinks, "they are wild animals and should only live in the wild, not in cages."

anyway, i'm looking forward to looking around this site and talking with you guys! uhhh i don't really know what else to say, so ask me any questions!

also, here's a hedgie for you guys, that I drew. :D

Picture12.png

thanks so much! i'm trying to soften up my mom to hedgies. so hopefully i can be a proud hedgehog owner soon! :D

Well, I'm with you Savannah, I would love to get a hedgie as well, but I have a husband who thinks I already have too many animals! Never!! :)

Learning as much about hedgies as you can, and then educating your mom about them, might help her change her mind. Good luck!

Well, I'm with you Savannah, I would love to get a hedgie as well, but I have a husband who thinks I already have too many animals! Never!! :)

Learning as much about hedgies as you can, and then educating your mom about them, might help her change her mind. Good luck!

ahaha aw bummer! i only have a lil pomeranian. what animals do you have?

i dunno, the reason she doesn't want to get one is she just doesn't like animals. :[

its horrible, cause i looove animals! XD

thanks guys!!

is there anyone from CT here? im trying to find a way to convince my mom hedgehogs are good pets. she's all, "hedgehogs are supposed to be in the wild, i don't like animals."

its very sad. :[

ahaha aw bummer! i only have a lil pomeranian. what animals do you have?

i dunno, the reason she doesn't want to get one is she just doesn't like animals. :[

its horrible, cause i looove animals! XD

my signature lists all the animals I have. I would also like to get a hedgie, a ferret ( I used to have one and they are so much fun), and would love a couple of llamas and goats and ducks. I don't want much, do I? I'd probably run some sort of a rescue if I had the funds, and housing, and an understanding husband!

You could inform your mother that proper care of your hedgie would increase its lifespan over a wild hedgie. Maybe she sees the hedgie as a rodent and the idea scares her...? If nothing else, a little patience and the day will come soon when you are on your own and can be in control of your life more, that is until you get married!! :)

my signature lists all the animals I have. I would also like to get a hedgie, a ferret ( I used to have one and they are so much fun), and would love a couple of llamas and goats and ducks. I don't want much, do I? I'd probably run some sort of a rescue if I had the funds, and housing, and an understanding husband!

You could inform your mother that proper care of your hedgie would increase its lifespan over a wild hedgie. Maybe she sees the hedgie as a rodent and the idea scares her...? If nothing else, a little patience and the day will come soon when you are on your own and can be in control of your life more, that is until you get married!! :)

aw you have a cockateil? i used to have 3 :]. they are great pets!! i miss them. :[

my mom haaaaates ferrets ahahaha. she says they smell so bad.

thats true, i could tell her that. I don't know, she just hates animals. its frustrating. i'm 20 years old, i should be able to make my own decisions here ahahhaah. oh well, if all else fails, when i move out i'll have a whole bunch of animals! my future husband better like pets! ahah

welcome savannah, you will definitely enjoy this forum, lots of info and prompt responses

Tell her African pygmy hedgehogs never existed in the wild and are a completely domesticated species.

Latest posts

Back