A Babies!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my.. I hope they all make it. Too bad you don't have a foster. Thinking good thoughts for them all!
Melanie

Good luck with them...I know Ralph Shoots had a momma have 6 in one litter and nursed them all... I am not a fan of big litters. Biggest here ever was quads.

Oh my gosh!
Those are very good weights for the size of that litter.
I guess now you can work on filling up your barn. ;)

DSC_0172-1.jpg

I ended up getting another female to foster the two std males, but I'm going to handfeed her kits, though it wont be as bad since they are older and eating pellets on their own. Oh why did this happen the day before I leave for a show? :p

Mama looks worn out! lol. So Tiffany, since you were my SS, don't you think you should send me one as a late giftee? :D

poor momma that pic is great but she looks miserable in it LOL. I do hope they all thrive. I have had sucess getting babies to drink from a bottle. I taught the one little guy I have been hand feeding right now to drink from a bottle

The good news is that those are excellent weights for such a large litter! I can't see the pics at work, but I feel for that poor mommy.

Congrats on the little ones. Poor mom looks so beat. I know how your feeling right now Tiff. My set of quads had me exhausted last fall. All four were standards and I had to color all the ears with a sharpie and keep weight logs daily. And another female who had just weaned kits a few days earlier turned up dry. So I didn't have a spare cow lol.

I was so happy when they were able to eat the ground pellets with the powdered goats milk added. I killed a coffee grinder. :hilarious:

congrats! the pictures are precious....I love to see the little ones cuddle with the mum.:kiss:

So... just an update. All of the kits are gaining weight and look to be fine at this time. I ended up just giving them all back to mom, as the two I was fostering out didn't seem to want to feed off of the foster mom. There's no more fighting and they're all sharing very well. I'm still supplementing the smaller ones and rotating every once in a while to make sure that everyone is getting an equal opportunity. Lets hope that this turns out for the best.

WOW. Those are excellent sizes! I will cross my fingers for you. I had a female have quads her first litter and she nursed them all no fighting so here's hoping!

Back