2012 MCBA Shindig - August 4th

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a customer tell me she was so excited to go to the Shindig because she was finally going to be around people who would not look at her weird and act like she was crazy when she told them about her chinchillas.

Yup! The best place to go for and be welcomed. Everyone one of us at shows and or shindigs are different. Most of us live in completely different areas and this is the only time we get to "hang out" with people that have a common interest in what we do. NOBODY ever gets tired of talking about chinchillas in this environment, where as at home friends, family, and neighbors well.....they kind of do :)

AHHH my friends now this is where it gets beautiful...I use this to my advantage...My son's dad is a car FANATIC to say the least and if he keeps his own personal car for more than 2 months it is seriously a rare occasion...anyway I always have to hear about cars...look at this one that one etc. heck I was even 8 months preganant and he was dragging me to car lots... HOWEVER ever since the chins came along when he does his car monkey business (which drives me nuts) I ALWAYS bring up chins ON PURPOSE. Like did I show you this new one or did I tell you about the new kit etc...REVENGE IS SWEET and it shuts him right up I love it! HA I can even get him off the phone now whenever I want just by talking chin!!! When he really ticks me off it is time for show and tell..! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!

On a more serious note though and speaking of putting things we learned into practice...I just went and got my light with daylight bulbs. Was only 30 bucks at Lowes for everything if anyone else is interested. I couldn't find one with big shields on the sides like they had on the setup at Shindig. It has a small fairly decent sized lip hanging over though. How far from the table is the light supposed to hang??? I should have wrote that down...sorry.

I couldn't find one with big shields on the sides like they had on the setup at Shindig. It has a small fairly decent sized lip hanging over though. How far from the table is the light supposed to hang??? I should have wrote that down...sorry.

Ours doesn't have much of a lip either. We have had to learn to make do. The lights should hand 28" above the table. And yes, we actually do get out the measuring tape and check for almost exact spacing :) Have fun grading your chinnies! When I first started showing, and still sometimes if I get the time, I would evaluate my animals and write down what I saw looking under the lights. Then I would take my animals to the show and write down everything the judge(s) said about them. Then when I got home, I would again put the animals under the light and compare notes. That's how I have learned to train my eyes over the years.

Latest posts

Back