2012 MCBA Shindig - August 4th

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChinchillasByDesign

Professional Cage Cleaner
YOU ARE INVITED!!!

2012 MCBA Shindig
Saturday August 4th 2012
4-H Building in Auburn, Indiana
Cost: $20.00 per ranch for the weekend​

This Year's Seminars Include:

Animal Pairings: Watch as Ron Hummel walks us through how he pairs suitable mates.

How to Make a Profit: Gene Adcock will be speaking on how to make a profit in even a smaller show herd.

Show Papers: Have you ever been to a show and not completely understand how to fill out your show papers? Here is the perfect opportunity to learn the RIGHT way to fill them out.

Round Table Discussion: Come ask question and get answers from some of the “professionals”!

Live Animal Auction: Bring animals you have for sale and shop for new ones for your own herd.

Grooming Demonstration: Bring an animal and your combs and learn how to groom your animals. Demonstration by Brenda Walter and Nicole Lemler

**We are still trying to line someone up to talk about wood and making toys**

Raffle Baskets!!!

Try your luck at winning one of this year’s great prizes!

Local Hotels:
La Quinta 306 Touring Drive, Auburn 260.920.1900
Holiday Inn 404 Touring Drive, Auburn 260.925.1900
Auburn Inn 225 Touring Drive, Auburn 260.925.6363
Days Inn 1115 West 7th Street, Auburn 260.925.1316
Super 8 503 Ley Drive, Auburn 260.927.8800
Hampton Inn 1020 Smaltz Way, Auburn 260.925.1100
Comfort Suites 1137 West 15th Street, Auburn 888.473.7600

LUNCH AND DINNER WILL BE ON YOUR OWN

Nicole - I have never been lucky enough to be able to attend Shindig due to my work schedule but am hoping to this year. Is this a Saturday and Sunday affair or just Saturday? Do you have the hours worked out yet?

Oops - I need to learn how to read - I see now that it says Saturday - how about the hours?

Is this a 1 day or 2 day event? Reason I am asking is that it says $20 for the "weekend"...I thought it was just going to be on Saturday. Is it appropriate to bring my animals with me? If it is I am coming alone so will there be somewhere for them to be while the seminars are going on??? I was just planning on driving there and back all in the same day so I wasn't planning on getting a room or anything.

Juanita- I sure hope you can make it! We will be starting around 9, but then again this is a chinchilla function so 9 may really mean 10....but be there by 9 because you never know this may be the first time we start on schedule!!! Lol

Rhonda- it says for the weekend because we typically have a board meeting the night before. If you are an MCBA member you are more than welcome to sit in on it, but it is not something that you have to be at. The building will be open on Friday night so that animals can be left there overnight, but I will have to get back to on the times it will be open. Animals must be out on Saturday before we lock up, no animals can stay Saturday evening. However some of the hotels do allow them in your rooms, but I don't know which ones.

Just wanted to let everyone know I am more than happy to offer to carpool with someone to go to the Shindig since so far I am planning to go by myself anyway. I plan on going for just Saturday. Dive up and back the same day. I am in Pittsburgh and will be going through OH on my way to IN so if anyone wants to share a ride feel free to pm me. I know there are a ton of Chinnie lovers in PA and OH both so just figure I'd throw the offer out there. Stick driving knowledge is a plus but not a requirement as long as you can keep me up on the way home (or at least won't mind me stopping for a quick power nap) LOL.

Shindig is only 2 1/2 weeks away!!! I hope to see many of you there, because this is my first year planning something like this, and well.....I don't like to fail :)

I'll be there, I sold some chins that I need to deliver. Do you think there will be any trouble keeping the building cool enough in this high heat for the chins?

I do believe that the building is air conditioned. In the past people have brought animals with no problem. I will try and get in contact with Pam and get her opinion, if I hear any different I will let you know.

If you have something by all means bring it. Paul is not going to be able to make it so he is having to ship raffle items, Im sure he would appreciate if he didn't have to make up and send so many baskets :)

Okay, I will bring one. I currently have 3 made up and am finishing up a fourth. Gearing up for show season - lol!

Latest posts

Back